Last Minute Booking

S

Sue

Planning to go to PP last 2 weeks of October. In the past I've always booked my trip (air only) well in advance, but this time I'm planning to wait and hopefully take advantage of some last minute reductions. For those who usually book last minute, what are the savings like. Also how long should I wait before booking as I don't want to risk not being able to get a flight. Would appreciate all info, advice, etc. I'll be flying out of Toronto.

Thanks

J

jerry

Just talked to CAN3000 and they quoted me a price of $566 (canadian) from Toronto to Santo Domingo. Book as late as day before must leave on Saturday and return on a Saturday. Hope this helps. I know you are going to PP but maybe they are running other planes there.

Jerry

L

Lyse

Montreal Mirabel to Punta Cana was 198$ this morning (departure next Saturday night 1 or 2 weeks, I think it was with Vacances Air Transat). In the past I paid 199$ several times, I also paid 250$, 299$ booking 5 to 7 days before leaving. I always check it with www.bonvoyage.com/ and call my travel agent giving her the information I get with bon voyage.

P

Pat

Sue,

We always book last minute out of Toronto. Check the Toronto Star Travel section on Saturday and The Toronto Sun Travel sections on Wednesday and Sunday for good deals.

Also try out the link below. Beware the charter airlines are cutting down on their capacity flying out of Toronto and discount Travel Agencies are working on a reduced profit margin now so the prices will not be as good as before. Depending on how close to your departure date you book your trip you may have to pick up your tickets at the airport. Of course if you wait too long you may not get the departure times you want. Prices usually drop the closer to the departure date you want, but there is a chance you might not get a flight. In Canada no matter how many seats that are actually unfilled, the travel agents computer will always show only six seats left.

Pat

K

Katt

I have frequently booked last minute but have your travel agent check frequently as the seats tend to sell quickly. Prices only drop about a wek before departure and you may be not be able to pick your length of stay. Good luck

J

Jacqueline

I've heard that space will be limited this year, but October should be fine. The brochure price with Conquest is $519 (for 14 nights), flying Canada 3000. I believe Air Transat and Skyservice will also be flying to Puerto Plata. Check out the link that Pat suggested for more insight.

I am going to Santo Domingo in mid-December and have already booked my trip (a lot of Europeans tend to travel in December so I didn't want to lose out on space).

Happy planning!!

Jacque