Surfing

surferguy

Mar 20, 2005
Hey! I am headed to the Breezes Resort in Puerta Plata April 1st and was wondering if anyone could tell me wether or not there is any surfing anywhere near there - or on the Resort.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
surferguy said:
Hey! I am headed to the Breezes Resort in Puerta Plata April 1st and was wondering if anyone could tell me wether or not there is any surfing anywhere near there - or on the Resort.
Assuming you are talking about the Breezes resort between Sosua and Cabarete, you could hardly be closer to the El Encuentro surf beach.

surferguy

Mar 20, 2005
Great!

Great to know!! That is the Breezes Resort I am talking about! So is that place within waking distance - and do they have gear you can rent?
Thanks again for the info!!!!

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
surferguy said:
Great to know!! That is the Breezes Resort I am talking about! So is that place within waking distance - and do they have gear you can rent?
Thanks again for the info!!!!
I don't think it's quite walking distance, but it is close enough to go there by moto concho in 5 minutes or less.
And yes, they rent equipment there and give lessons.

surferguy

Mar 20, 2005
lessons

Excellent!! I was hoping I'd be able to do some surfing while we are there! Maybe I'll convice my wife to take some lessons!! Thanks for your help!!! Hey what the heck is a moto concho??? Guess that shows this is our first trip to the Dominican!!!

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
surferguy said:
Excellent!! I was hoping I'd be able to do some surfing while we are there! Maybe I'll convice my wife to take some lessons!! Thanks for your help!!! Hey what the heck is a moto concho??? Guess that shows this is our first trip to the Dominican!!!
A moto concho is a motorbike taxi.
As the surf beach is a fair distance from the road, the moto concho may be you best choice for getting right into the beach.