Travel Insurance

Simon & Nicky

Bronze
Feb 3, 2004
www.simon-hall.co.uk
I recently discovered how very difficult it is to get travel insurance if your primary residence is not in your country of birth. Speaking as a Brit, all the insureres stated you had to start your travel from the UK.

As Nicky is pregnant we thought it very necessary to insure and just as I was about to pull my hair out and give up we came across these people.

Worldtrips

We insured at a very reasonable price on-line with a company called Atlas.

Voyager

Mar 1, 2004
Simon & Nicky said:
I recently discovered how very difficult it is to get travel insurance if your primary residence is not in your country of birth. Speaking as a Brit, all the insureres stated you had to start your travel from the UK.

As Nicky is pregnant we thought it very necessary to insure and just as I was about to pull my hair out and give up we came across these people.

Worldtrips

We insured at a very reasonable price on-line with a company called Atlas.

GREAT INFORMATION!!! Thanks for sharing!

For me and my colleagues living in Saudi-Arabia, we face a special problem when going on final exit from the country. Some people here do not want to go directly back to Sweden or UK or wherever they come from, but take it easy on the return trip and see some places on the way back. But then, they are no longer residents of Saudi-Arabia BUT have not yet officially returned "home". As a result, they do not have residency anywhere! And most insurance companies feel uneasy about that.