Malecon Center on the Web

Cirilo

Mar 17, 2005
Hmmm..

Personnally, I would not feel safe to live or even go shopping there. The walls are already full of cracks and it's not even 2 years old. I don't even know what would happen in case of an earthquake !

Cirilo

Mario

Sep 26, 2004
is it a good investment?

Everytime I pass this development, it seems as though it is not really doing that well. Is it my false impression or am I correct in sensing that this is an overpriced project that has not done well in renting space, selling apts, finishing the hotel, etc.

Assuming I am wrong, has anyone seen the actual apts? How is security? Is it really an exlusive place for buying? Thanks!

Cirilo said:
Personnally, I would not feel safe to live or even go shopping there. The walls are already full of cracks and it's not even 2 years old. I don't even know what would happen in case of an earthquake !

Cirilo

Bartolomeo67

Mar 18, 2004
Mario said:
Everytime I pass this development, it seems as though it is not really doing that well. Is it my false impression or am I correct in sensing that this is an overpriced project that has not done well in renting space, selling apts, finishing the hotel, etc.

Assuming I am wrong, has anyone seen the actual apts? How is security? Is it really an exlusive place for buying? Thanks!

iluvdr was going to buy one of the condos last January. Don't know if it went through. Check this thread:
http://www.dr1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37094
Bartolomeo

Marcus

Mar 13, 2002
Malecon Center

I was told that some of the anchor stores are not opening up there now. Not sure if this is true or not, but if I was going to invest in a business or apartment there, I would certainly explore what is happening. My advice would be to find out what is happening to the hotel and some of the other businesses that were to be the foundation of the malecon center. I would think the best source of information would be the businesses themselves. Good luck in any case. This is just my two cents.

TEHAMA

Feb 3, 2004
I love this building, but it is rather curious that six months ago they told me the units were 80% sold. However, from what I can tell no one has moved in yet.
The security staff was impressive and the units incredible.
TEHAMA

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
I seem to recall...but what was his name??

TEHAMA said:
I love this building, but it is rather curious that six months ago they told me the units were 80% sold. However, from what I can tell no one has moved in yet.
The security staff was impressive and the units incredible.
TEHAMA
Don't know for sure but I think the occupancy figure that was given to you some time back from another poster on this board was "90% of the apartments were sold" Hmmm?
I done a fair share of real estate transaction in my life...cuidada.

JOHN

TEHAMA

Feb 3, 2004
(I) was giving the benefit of doubt. It was a very high percentage, possibly 90%. What ever it was it seemed to me that "some" of those people should be attempting to move in by now.
TEHAMA

Jon S.

Bronze
Jan 25, 2003
Nice site but can't use the pics to make a judgement on this....my old boss ended up starting the Bang & Olufsen franchise down there with a store in the mall.