Anyone here about that rumor of a baby that was born in Puerto Plata and.....

JonX

Jul 1, 2004
came out to weigh 20lbs., looked like an old man, spoke and said that something is going to happen on friday 26th and then the doctor, mother, nurse all died? Everyone says its true but i dont believe it....

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
Noop, never heard... When is this supposed to have happened and where? At a hospital? :ermm:

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
JonX said:
came out to weigh 20lbs., looked like an old man, spoke and said that something is going to happen on friday 26th and then the doctor, mother, nurse all died? Everyone says its true but i dont believe it....
By everyone, do you mean "The National Enquirer" and their readers?

Voyager

Mar 1, 2004
JonX said:

Oh yeah, that one! It was delivered as a FedEx parcel, but replacing the proverbial stork by Rudolph the Red-Nosed Deer, on account of because of the weight of the baby!

But you never said what happened to the father? Or maybe this was a "virgin birth"? It has happened before...

And Friday 26th??? The next Friday 26th I can find in my calendar happens in August! Unless Dominican Republic is living in it's own twilighty time zone...

Oh, this is getting spookier and spookier!!!

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Using my previous experience in the mental health field, to find the nearest thing to this 'reality'........... ;) did you mean the baby of 13.5 pounds, born in Santiago, delivered by C section one month prematurely? Look at the pic (it looks like a 3 month old sumo wrestler!). Mother has a thyroid condition. All apparently are well, no reports of anyone dying. No reports that the baby 'said' anything! It probably burped!
http://www.elnacional.com.do/app/article.aspx?id=27455

What I want to know is.........why did they put her in a room on the third floor?

Last edited:

andrea9k

Apr 17, 2004
I did hear about this baby last week... but he was 16 pounds, nurse and mother died and the doctor went crazy... but all this happened in Bani... actually, I am almost sure I heard this story a couple years ago too.

What can I say... some kind of folcloric (sp?) strategy to make sinners regret? :bandit:

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
I keep hearing about this this week as well, but without the doomsday angle and everybody dying and stuff, just a vanilla 20lb talking baby. My wife keeps telling me to keep an eye on CNN so I can see when the international news picks it up, I'm not holding my breath...

Juniper

Apr 15, 2004
How funny

JonX said:

What I don't understand is that if they all died? How does anyone knows that the baby spoke and what the baby said? There are no survivors! :alien:

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Lambada said:
What I want to know is.........why did they put her in a room on the third floor?

As long as the ceilings don't cave in, the exercise might be beneficial.
:ermm:

I saw a reference to the baby 'speaking' in the newspaper (I think it was yesterday's El Caribe) but the article assumed you knew the background so it made absolutely no sense. Come to think of it, it still doesn't.

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
My twelve year old daughter Alex heard the same story in school last week. I almost split a gut laughing. I had heard the same story when I was her age, and I'm 58. How about the one about the unfortunate couple who made love on Good Friday, and unable to uncouple themselves after the act, had to be carted out to the hospital amist jeers and cheers of the public.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
AI Problem

This is what happens when people stay at AIs. You see, with all that booze all day long for 35 bux, you start telling and believing stories like this.
Lookingatthebabynotthatbig!

CyaBye3015

Bronze
Jan 8, 2003
I've heard this same tale about 100 times, but here in Minnesota it about fish. A fellow fisherman catches a 10# fish, by midnight (after a few barley pops) it turns into a 20# fish, a week later it?s a 30# fish. After a couple of years it was a 50# fish.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Thats what you hear when you marry chopos and live with them. You hear chopo versions of news. I did hear about a baby born 20lbs but no news of him talking or people dying.
AZB

Naufrago

Sep 1, 2004
In the news just last year was the story about the Talking Fish that was actually a reincarnated Rabbi, foretelling that "The End is Near!" :paranoid:

And then they guy who supposedly heard it dropped dead from fright.

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
It's still on!

El Nacional

http://69.59.165.79/(pnb3gbu0i0fxgy45birnoyjt)/app/article.aspx?id=27502

Algunas personas comienzan a atribuir la causa del humo, al sofocante calor, otros al "famoso ni?o" que, de acuerdo a lo publicado naci? con un peso de 25 libras y que pronostic? que lo que pasar? en esta Semana Santa ser? algo grande".

Sep 20, 2003
I read the story about the talking fish last year too. I read it was a fish being chopped up in New York for an orthodox Jew and the fish spoke in Hebrew, warning that the end of the world was near. Seriously, I read that online last year. I didn't read about the reincarnated Rabbi part, but I did actually read some version of that story. :bunny: :bunny: