Probation

jrf

Bronze
Jan 9, 2005
A touchy question for me - has anyone been on legal probation, allowed to travel, but stayed in the RD - then tried to come home to canada? What were the ramifications? Any help would be appreciated.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Well!!

jrfkhe said:
A touchy question for me - has anyone been on legal probation, allowed to travel, but stayed in the RD - then tried to come home to canada? What were the ramifications? Any help would be appreciated.
If I am not mistaken, staying longer than what the person was allowed, it's a violation of the person's probation. My understanding is that as soon as that person enters Canada, that person would be put under arrest and then WILL have to do the remaining time of his/her sentence plus others charges.

Well, at least that is what would happen in the US.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
jrfkhe said:

Ask your probation officer if you can have the OK to leave and return. Sounds like you are already violating your probation terms.