on the hunt for dill

aangelisnice

Feb 8, 2005
i am new to santo domingo last week, and i came across a great place that friend a chicken breast instead of chopping it into chicken finger and it made me think of honey dill sauce. so i started hunting and found none.... i went to the smaller placs here in the colonial and then i went to national on 27 and i could not find it anywhere. if you know where could you let me know, or if you have some, maybe i could steal a teaspoonfull to make the sauce. i could give you some too if you like. well thanks. angel

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Fresh dill is impossible to find, in my experience. The stuff that looks like dill and is labelled 'eneldo' (the Spanish for dill) is actually fennel.

Dried dill might just appear at one of the larger supermarkets: Bravo (Av. Churchill) often has a more comprehensive selection of herbs and spices than the others, but as with many products here it's very hit and miss.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
I've actually bought "eneldo" that WAS dried dill but.....

as Chiri says it's hit or miss. Most times "eneldo" is a very poor fennel seed rather than dill.
My recommendation would be to try to get someone to send you seeds to plant and grow your own fresh!

Fiesta Mama

Bronze
Jan 28, 2004
It's a long way but...

I know for sure that Supermercado Messon in POP sells dried dill in their herb/spice section. I bought and used it and can attest to the fact that it was in fact "real" dill and good quality for being dried.