Directv And ColorVision!!

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
For those of you that are not aware, Directv is offering a dominican channel, ColorVision on one of their Spanish packages.

I got it installed about a few days ago and I am already hooked.

If you already have Directv, and they offer that package in your area, you don't have to pay extra to get it. All you need to do is call them and tell them that you want to get the spanish package but that you want to keep paying the same. You will lose a few channels that you probably don't need. They will have to go to your house because it uses a different dish and they will need to switch dishes. There is a one-time fee for switching to the new dish. The one-time fee is about 64 dollars but right off the bat, the girl told me: "but I can cut that amount in half, and all you have to pay is 32 dollars'.

I made the appointment, they came with the new dish and the repairman was done within 10 minutes.

It has many other spanish channels from other countries.

Btw, just for the DR scenery is worth it.

Ps: if anybody needs any type or info or has a question, don't hesitate to ask me.

Pss: I just hope that I don't have to watch that fricking "vaina card" commercial with Boruga and Cuquin Victoria!!!!. It drives me insane!!!!!!.

NOTE: I know that some of you already knew this but not everybody does.

Jon S.

Bronze
Jan 25, 2003
Down with Poppy Bermudez and his cronies

Color Vision sucks. Death to the competition. Sorry, I'm a former Antena Latina employee so my loyalties are to that station......

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Que?!.

Jon S. said:
Color Vision sucks. Death to the competition. Sorry, I'm a former Antena Latina employee so my loyalties are to that station......
Antena Lati what??.

Jon S.

Bronze
Jan 25, 2003
They're the old Rahintel, Channel 7 in DR. Also, formerly owned by the same guy who owned Banco Universal.........greedy bastard. Now owned by about 3 different companies, Mercasid, Industrias Banilejas and the Ferreteria Americana people, with Mercasid controlling most of the stock. Tricom is also very involved......

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
miguel said:
For those of you that are not aware, Directv is offering a dominican channel, ColorVision on one of their Spanish packages.

I got it installed about a few days ago and I am already hooked.

If you already have Directv, and they offer that package in your area, you don't have to pay extra to get it. All you need to do is call them and tell them that you want to get the spanish package but that you want to keep paying the same. You will lose a few channels that you probably don't need. They will have to go to your house because it uses a different dish and they will need to switch dishes. There is a one-time fee for switching to the new dish. The one-time fee is about 64 dollars but right off the bat, the girl told me: "but I can cut that amount in half, and all you have to pay is 32 dollars'.

I made the appointment, they came with the new dish and the repairman was done within 10 minutes.

It has many other spanish channels from other countries.

Btw, just for the DR scenery is worth it.

Ps: if anybody needs any type or info or has a question, don't hesitate to ask me.

Pss: I just hope that I don't have to watch that fricking "vaina card" commercial with Boruga and Cuquin Victoria!!!!. It drives me insane!!!!!!.

NOTE: I know that some of you already knew this but not everybody does.
I checked about Direct TV here in Alaska and it is available but they are telling me that i need to buy a 6 ft dish that would cost me $1300.00 is this a good price?

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Come on!!

Mr_DR said:
I checked about Direct TV here in Alaska and it is available but they are telling me that i need to buy a 6 ft dish that would cost me $1300.00 is this a good price?
Are you pulling my leg or trying for me to "pull your finger"?.

I really don't know how things work over there in Alaska, but I would never pay that amount of money just to get a channel. If I were you, I would call again and ask to speak with a supervisor.

Good luck!

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
miguel said:
Are you pulling my leg or trying for me to "pull your finger"?.

I really don't know how things work over there in Alaska, but I would never pay that amount of money just to get a channel. If I were you, I would call again and ask to speak with a supervisor.

Good luck!
I just got that info from a "Booth display"
in a HOMESHOW Exhibition.

I hope I can find a cheaper one so I won't look like a fool paying $1300 for just one chanel.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Mr_DR said:
I just got that info from a "Booth display"
in a HOMESHOW Exhibition.

I hope I can find a cheaper one so I won't look like a fool paying $1300 for just one chanel.

There are a few FTA (Free to Air) signals you can get on your present "Big Dish" a couple of Dominican channels also. You may need to get an Mpeg receiver but they are cheap.
http://global-cm.net/MPEGlistATL.html