Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Breaking NEWS North Coast Road Repair

Yes, you heard it here first from me! Road repairs going to Airport from Sosua are being done.

SPECIAL-SPECIAL

They are fixing the road in front of Coconut Palms... YES IT IS TRUE!

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

You are lying come on don't tease us like this. It is a dream come true.

I can get new shocks for the car now.... never wanted to before since I drove over the potholes there too many times and got tired of swerving only to find a mack truck coming my way.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Wait a minute. Let me sit down. I don't think my heart can take it!!!!

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

This was been mentioned elsewhere a few days ago & I get the impression it all started shortly after AZB said he was coming to visit this coming weekend for the 'Bash' at rocky's. That man MUST have some pull - like he keeps telling us!! ~ Grahame

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

No way are they fixing this road. They are just pretending to do so and showing off to the many visitors for Semana Santa. You'll see, just after Semana Santa all efforts at road repair will be abandoned. This road will never be fixed. Eventually we'll all have to get helicopters or hovercraft to negotiate this piece of road.

Rest in peace Amigo!
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking

AN URGENT REQUEST FROM A REPEAT NORTH COAST VISITOR.

Please, please when driving on newly fixed roads do your utmost to swerve around the newly filled potholes. Also implore anyone you know to do the same - especially bus drivers carrying loads of AI-bound tourists.

Unless this is done the roads will be back in the same shape in three weeks when I arrive.

Please allow me to see a GOOD DOMINICAN ROAD - just once!!!

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Escott
    Yes, you heard it here first from me! Road repairs going to Airport from Sosua are being done.

SPECIAL-SPECIAL

Actually Scott I reported this last Friday in another thread, at that time only the the bridge area had been sort of fixed. Have they done the hole at Los Charimacos yet?.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Mmmmmm fixing the road huh?? If you mean filling the numerous holes with calici then you are right.

When I passed heading to Sosua this morning I thought it's a matter of time before some arsehole drives too fast and sends a large lump of stone flying up in the air.

Sure as siht on the way back the Caribe tours bus went over the repairs at a high rate of speed sending a tennis ball sized rock at my side window, I managed to swerve a bit and the stone hit the door 2 inches below the window leaving a very nice dent in the door. (I know if it was my head there would be no difference!!)

So many thanks to the twinkle-twat who decided to repair the road with calici and even more thanks to the Caribe Tours driver for having the intelligence to drive according to road conditions in true Dominican style.

Muchas Gracias!

ps I give the repair to this stretch about 10 days.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

did they repair the huge holes in front of La Union as well?

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

SPECIAL-SPECIAL

A couple of years ago they fixed the road between Sosua and Puerto Plata, and a couple of years after the current repairs they will need to be repaired again. The only one who benefits from the road repairs is the contractor who uses substandard matials.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast