My Dominican Washing Machine

TEHAMA

Feb 3, 2004
Okay. So may be its not a "Dominican" washing machine. I have a maid, but one of the chores I thoroughly enjoy is using (playing with) my "Lavadora." Unlike my Stateside washer, you get involved in the cleaning process. Call me crazy, but its fun. I actually try to do a load everyday.

My question is: Does anyone know about the water into Centrifugado operation? Does it actually rinse better? Does it load water then release? When I use this function the spin actually to an almost stop. Am I doing something wrong? Should run the water the entire time on the Centrifugado?
TEHAMA

Jwb

Jan 10, 2002
You sure have alot of free time.....

I envy you.

TEHAMA said:
one of the chores I thoroughly enjoy is using (playing with) my "Lavadora." Unlike my Stateside washer, you get involved in the cleaning process. Call me crazy, but its fun. I actually try to do a load everyday.TEHAMA

TEHAMA

Feb 3, 2004
Either i am doning it wrong (very possible) or she's doing it wrong. I wash the clothes in the washing part, then rinse the clothes with more water also in the washing part but with fabric softener, then rinse again with more water in the washing part with plain water.

Then I move them to the spinner thingy and at the top I place hose over it which allows water to fall into the spinning unit while its spinning.

To me it doesn't sound like the water makes it to the bottom becasue of the rotation but I could be wrong. Sometimes it sounds like there is a lot of water in it. It then that I stop adding water.

LOL. I dont know what I am doing, but it kinda makes sense to me to do it this way.
TEHAMA
PS- And no I dont have alot of time. Its a small unit so it only clean say 4-5 bath towels. So it appears to me.

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
TEHAMA said:
Okay. So may be its not a "Dominican" washing machine. I have a maid, but one of the chores I thoroughly enjoy is using (playing with) my "Lavadora." Unlike my Stateside washer, you get involved in the cleaning process. Call me crazy, but its fun. I actually try to do a load everyday.

My question is: Does anyone know about the water into Centrifugado operation? Does it actually rinse better? Does it load water then release? When I use this function the spin actually to an almost stop. Am I doing something wrong? Should run the water the entire time on the Centrifugado?
TEHAMA
Why would you use waste energy by using a washing machine when you can hire a couple of haitians for much less than what you are going to spend on energy, and at the same time you are helping them because they need the money.

Rick Snyder

Silver
Nov 19, 2003
Here it is

Quote by TEHAMA

When you use the Centrifugado operation with water what happens is the water inlet goes directly into the spin dryer. It doesn't have a switch like an American machine therefore the water never stops running and will overfill the dryer causing a loaded dryer. What needs to be done is shut the water supply off periodically to allow the water inside to be thrown out. I allow, darn here is this man doing womans work again, the water to run about 5 seconds at a time and about 10 to 15 times and this rinses the clothes completely in my machine. I also pre-rinse in the tub first. Hope this answers your question.;) ;) ;)

TEHAMA

Feb 3, 2004
I have a house keepper. But I like doing it, for now atleast.

Thanks for the insight, Rick.
TEHAMA

easygoin

Bronze
Jan 2, 2005
Funny you mention that

Mr_DR said:
Why would you use waste energy by using a washing machine when you can hire a couple of haitians for much less than what you are going to spend on energy, and at the same time you are helping them because they need the money.

when I was in Brasil staying at a hotel and they were going to do my laundry to girl there said no no no no too much money, my friend washy for you much cheaper, and she needs the money. I said OK and gave her my laundry to bring to her friend. It came back the next day like it come from the dry cleaners and cost me 5 reals and I gave her 5 us tip. The next day she asked me my friend want to know the next time i needed it done again. :nervous:

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
easygoin said:
when I was in Brasil staying at a hotel and they were going to do my laundry to girl there said no no no no too much money, my friend washy for you much cheaper, and she needs the money. I said OK and gave her my laundry to bring to her friend. It came back the next day like it come from the dry cleaners and cost me 5 reals and I gave her 5 us tip. The next day she asked me my friend want to know the next time i needed it done again. :nervous:

Usually Haitians do a very good job because they want to keep you happy and be able to get more work for you.

That brazilian that you are talking about, most likely washed your clothes without any soap. She probably did not have any money to buy any if you did not provide it to her.