Kitten found in garbage!

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
This morning walking close to my house I found a baby kitten beside a garbage can, the poor thing still has his eyes closed so it cannot be more than a couple of days old. I?m using a small eye drop to feed him milk and doing the pee-pee thing with some cotton ball. Anything else I should be doing to try to save this poor kitty! It really upsets me to see how some Dominicans treat the animals! :cry:

stormer

Apr 27, 2004
juanita said:
This morning walking close to my house I found a baby kitten beside a garbage can, the poor thing still has his eyes closed so it cannot be more than a couple of days old. I?m using a small eye drop to feed him milk and doing the pee-pee thing with some cotton ball. Anything else I should be doing to try to save this poor kitty! It really upsets me to see how some Dominicans treat the animals! :cry:

Oh this is so horrible, it makes me so sad, I have a baby kitty and if someone ever did this to her or any other kittens it would be so devastating! :cry:

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
If you've got a soft fluffy towel for it to sleep on, or a soft toy for it to cuddle up to, it'd probably feel even more at home. If there is any chance of rubbing the toy on a grown cat, it would get the scent of its own kind. Be prepared to sacrifice some sleep for a few nights......you'll probably need to feed with the eye dropper quite regularly. Good luck, I'm sure you'll do just fine.

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
Good idea!

"If there is any chance of rubbing the toy on a grown cat"

I'll do some rubbing on my neighbor?s cat tonight. I was reading on the web that we should add some egg yolk to the milk so I'll do that too! ;)

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
PLEASE!!! go to craigslist.org there is a pets section under the forum section and people there will REALLY help you out!!! I rescued two 5 week olds in september. I had cats in past...but never so young...and i got soooo much advise and support there. Mine were not as young as yours...so you really need to find out the best advise.

Here is a direct link...not sure if it will work here or not.

http://forums.newyork.craigslist.org/?forumID=26

if not..just go to craigslist.org and find the forum section (bottom left) and look under pets. Create and ID and get your support!!!

Let me know how it goes (can PM me as this is not really DR related)