Looking for Good Accommodation in Sosua

Easy Money

Mar 23, 2005
I've been to Sosua on a couple of occasions and my wife and I will be coming down on March 30 and staying until April 13. Need a place that has a queen or king bed, small refrigerator, coffee maker, fan or aircon. There are a few pleasures in life that are better than fresh coffee and ice cold Presidente with a Dominican cigar. A pool would be nice. I stayed in a condo last time but my acquaintance doesn't have anything available this time.

I have a couple of irons in the fire and would appreciate any recommendations from the users here.

Last edited:

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Easy Money said:
I've been to Sosua on a couple of occasions and my wife and I will be coming down on May 30 and staying until April 13. Need a place that has a queen or king bed, small refrigerator, coffee maker, fan or aircon. There are a few pleasures in life that are better than fresh coffee and ice cold Presidente with a Dominican cigar. A pool would be nice. I stayed in a condo last time but my acquaintance doesn't have anything available this time.

I have a couple of irons in the fire and would appreciate any recommendations from the users here.
There are lot's of places that might meet your requirements, although I have now way of knowing which come with Queen or king size beds.
Hotel Europa, Sosua by the Sea, private condos, etc.
Maybe we could give you some feedback about the places you are presently considering.

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
Easy Money said:
I've been to Sosua on a couple of occasions and my wife and I will be coming down on May 30 and staying until April 13. Need a place that has a queen or king bed, small refrigerator, coffee maker, fan or aircon. There are a few pleasures in life that are better than fresh coffee and ice cold Presidente with a Dominican cigar. A pool would be nice. I stayed in a condo last time but my acquaintance doesn't have anything available this time.

Are you going there for 11 months May 30 until April 13
or did you just meant to say April 13 to May 30 ?

What kind of price range are you looking at?

Easy Money

Mar 23, 2005
I've got to stop smoking plantano

Sorry; I don't know what I was thinking when I posted this thread. We're coming down on March 30 and leaving two weeks later on April 13. Maybe subconsciously I want to stay for a year. Must have been a Freudian slip of the tongue.

Hotel Atlantico has responded to my e-mail; if anybody knows anything about them, I would appreciate it. I recall seeing the place when I was in Sosua in 2001. I'll also search this site.

Piergiorgio has also replied; it appears to be in one of the premium spots and has the amenities that I like.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Easy Money said:
Hotel Atlantico has responded to my e-mail; if anybody knows anything about them, I would appreciate it. I recall seeing the place when I was in Sosua in 2001. I'll also search this site.

Piergiorgio has also replied; it appears to be in one of the premium spots and has the amenities that I like.
Hotel Atlantico is a bit far out of town, in the Playa Chiquita area, and would be more suitable to the single man traveler.
Piergiorgio is nice, although I find it overpriced as compared to Hotel Europa.

kokomo

Dec 27, 2004
Hi,

You might like the Coconut Palms just outside Sosua. It's not as fancy as the Piergiorgio but is very nice. I was recently there for the first time and found it very comfortable, and they have a wonderful staff.

The rooms are super clean and have kitchenettes, there's a pool, bar, restaurant, etc. No AC, although it certainly didn't seem necessary when I was there (November). The hotel is on a hill that looks out onto the ocean. There's a sandy road that leads about 1/4 or 1/2 mile through a little neighborhood down to the beach - a nice stroll. There's also a little tuk tuk that goes back and forth if you don't feel like walking.

The only hitch (depending on your point of view) is that it's about 10 minutes outside of Sosua, but there's a free shuttle that goes back and forth several times a day. There's also a shuttle to Cabarete. We liked staying out of town, but of course it depends on what you're looking for.

Here's their web address: http://www.coconutpalmsresort.com/home.html

Good luck!
kokomo

Chris_NJ

Bronze
Dec 17, 2003
Rocky said:
Piergiorgio is nice, although I find it overpriced as compared to Hotel Europa.

My mother stayed at Piergiorgio and I thought it was a wonderful hotel. The rooms, the view, terraced restaurant, and pools were all beautiful.

That was 2 Februarys ago at $55/night and I see from their website that the price has gone up to $90/night.

www.piergiorgiohotel.com - I would check it out.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Oh Heck, I have a 2 bed/2 bath newly redone condo just up the street from Pier Georgio available for less money. Beautiful pool, coffee maker, microwave, color tv, refridge, stove, balcony almost bigger than Pier Georgio room:) 24/7 electric/security/maintenence, adminsitrator, large pool and the bestest neighbors DR1 has to offer.

Listed in the Real Estate section of DR1 or http://www.dominicancondos.com for bunches of pictures and info.

Ta ta for now,
Escott

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Escott said:
Oh Heck, I have a 2 bed/2 bath newly redone condo just up the street from Pier Georgio available for less money. Beautiful pool, coffee maker, microwave, color tv, refridge, stove, balcony almost bigger than Pier Georgio room:) 24/7 electric/security/maintenence, adminsitrator, large pool and the bestest neighbors DR1 has to offer.

Listed in the Real Estate section of DR1 or http://www.dominicancondos.com for bunches of pictures and info.

Ta ta for now,
Escott

If you do stay in Escotts place, make sure you spark up a few of those stinky Dominican Cigars.

Larry

AlaninDR

Mr. Chunky Skin
Dec 17, 2002
My condos cater to all. Usually the maid sweeps out the UBH's....but check behind the doors just to make sure.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
AlaninDR said:
My condos cater to all. Usually the maid sweeps out the UBH's....but check behind the doors just to make sure.
What does the maid do with the "swept up" UBH's?
I hope she doesn't just toss them away with the rest of the garbage....

Easy Money

Mar 23, 2005
Escott said:
I take it back, I don't want no stinky people with stinky cigars in my condos.

Well you can stay in Alans Condo:)
Escott, I was thinking of smoking of them outside on the balcony enjoying the fine morning. Besides, I don't stink. hahaha

Easy Money

Mar 23, 2005
Thanks Everybody

Thanks everybody for your suggestions and input. We'll be staying at the Hotel Europa. Going to see if I can arrange a pig roast for my 47th birthday which I'll be celebrating down there. Looking forward to that ice cold Presidente un nada mas. :lick:

Lechero

Aug 11, 2004
Pig Roast

Get in touch with "Big Lou" from The NY Shark Bar #66 on the Beach in Sosua.
He did a Pig Roast on the beach last year.
PM me for contact info.

harleypower

Mar 25, 2005
Piergiorgio Palace in Sosua - wonderful place

Chris_NJ said:
My mother stayed at Piergiorgio and I thought it was a wonderful hotel. The rooms, the view, terraced restaurant, and pools were all beautiful.

That was 2 Februarys ago at $55/night and I see from their website that the price has gone up to $90/night.

www.piergiorgiohotel.com - I would check it out.
I stayed there one wheek in february. Piergiorgio is a wonderful place, it is not overpriced 90USD/night with wonderful dinner at the puntilla included. (MAP) the best pasta campofilone if ever eaten. I' ll never forget this vacation with this romantic athmosphere and go there on my next holiday

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
I live across the street from the place. Sometimes the food is good and sometiimes it SUCKS. Last time I was there two weeks ago the restaurant prices were more than double what they were 8 months earlier. I don't think that the place is worth 90 bux a night and yes I have stayed there. If you think having a bidet means an extra 35 bux a night than have at it.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Escott said:
I live across the street from the place. Sometimes the food is good and sometiimes it SUCKS. Last time I was there two weeks ago the restaurant prices were more than double what they were 8 months earlier. I don't think that the place is worth 90 bux a night and yes I have stayed there. If you think having a bidet means an extra 35 bux a night than have at it.
That's exactly it.
You never know if it's going to be great or one of the worst meals you ever had.
At the prices the food sells for, it should always be excellent.
As for the hotel, although it is in a very nice location, the quality of construction pales in comparison to Hotel Europa, at less than half the price.
It's all about value.