...and to top it off!

J

JCesar

Clinton Letter on Treaty with the Dominican Republic

U.S. Newswire 8 Sep 18:40

Text of Clinton Letter to Senate on Treaty with Dominican Republic To: National and International desks Contact: White House Press Office, 202-456-2100

WASHINGTON, Sept. 9 /U.S. Newswire/ -- Following is the text of a letter from President Clinton, released today by the White House:

TO THE SENATE OF THE UNITED STATES:

With a view to receiving the advice and consent of the Senate to ratification, I transmit herewith the Treaty Between the Government of the United States of America and the Government of the Dominican Republic for the Return of Stolen or Embezzled Vehicles, with Annexes, signed at Santo Domingo on April 30, 1996. I transmit also, for the information of the Senate, the report of the Department of State with respect to the Treaty.

The Treaty is one of a series of stolen vehicles treaties being negotiated by the United States in order to eliminate the difficulties faced by owners of vehicles that have been stolen and transported across international borders. When it enters into force, it will be an effective tool to facilitate the return of U.S. vehicles that have been stolen or embezzled and taken to the Dominican Republic.

I recommend that the Senate give early and favorable consideration to the Treaty, with Annexes, and give its advice and consent to ratification.

WILLIAM J. CLINTON

THE WHITE HOUSE, September 8, 1999.

-0- /U.S. Newswire 202-347-2770/ 09/08 18:40

Copyright 1999, U.S. Newswire