The city of Bani ..a few questions

hugoke01

Dec 31, 2004
I have visited the DR 8 times each time for a period of one month ..so it isn't totally new too me . My wife , who is Spanish /Dominican is from the South (Vicente Noble ) We do already have a small appartment in Sosua and a house in Vicente Noble (her mother lives in it now ) .

Being from the South my wife would like us during next trip (coming June July period)to look around in Bani for a place to settle (as we would move to the DR within a year or so )..

The only thing we have seen from Bani up to now is the road that crosses Bani when driving from SD to Barahona ..

Therefore I'm trying to gather as much information as I can about Bani but it isn't easy :

- How to look for land to build a house on -solars on sale ? Where can I find some information .. or should I go to a local notary ?
- Is there a good supermercado ? if so where ?
- What about hospital and medical care ?
- Is it a calm city to live in or not recommendable or should we look to live outside town ?
- Is there a good hotel and restaurant ?

I could make up a very long list of questions but the idea is just to gather as much information as I can before traveling ..
Any information is welcome ..

Thanks
Hugo

hugoke01

Dec 31, 2004
Am also repeating this question about Bani as I didn't receive any answer

Am just repeating my question as I never received an answer ..I'm leaving in three days and in a last attempt try to obtain some more info. about Bani (are thre any good areas in Bani where people can live calmly...some more residential areas or don't they exist in Bani ? Thanks
hugoke01 said:
I have visited the DR 8 times each time for a period of one month ..so it isn't totally new too me . My wife , who is Spanish /Dominican is from the South (Vicente Noble ) We do already have a small appartment in Sosua and a house in Vicente Noble (her mother lives in it now ) .

Being from the South my wife would like us during next trip (coming June July period)to look around in Bani for a place to settle (as we would move to the DR within a year or so )..

The only thing we have seen from Bani up to now is the road that crosses Bani when driving from SD to Barahona ..

Therefore I'm trying to gather as much information as I can about Bani but it isn't easy :

- How to look for land to build a house on -solars on sale ? Where can I find some information .. or should I go to a local notary ?
- Is there a good supermercado ? if so where ?
- What about hospital and medical care ?
- Is it a calm city to live in or not recommendable or should we look to live outside town ?
- Is there a good hotel and restaurant ?

I could make up a very long list of questions but the idea is just to gather as much information as I can before traveling ..
Any information is welcome ..

Thanks
Hugo

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Gee, you really don't need to quote your first huge post though. I hope someone offers some info about this area for you though.

Last edited: