Where are the Dominicans for Charlotte NC

undercoveralto

Mar 23, 2005
Hello to all, I'm currently a resident of Charlotte, NC and am in disbelief of my Dominican hairstylist. First of all, they were the only Dominican shop known in the Charlotte area and have disappeared without a trace! There wasn't any warning or notice, I have a hair appointment on this coming Saturday & don't know what on earth to do. Simply put, since I've experienced the Dominican way, I don't won't no other! If there's anyone out there that can help in this time of grief, please get at me! I'm willing to drive...

lynshuk

Aug 11, 2006
Hairstylist needed

I was very sad to read your message. I am originally from NY and have lived in NC for 11 years, in Charlotte for 3 years. My hairstylist in NY is dominican and I am desperately looking for a dominican hairstylist down here b/c I am biracial and Dominicans are the only ones who know how to do my hair the right way. Please-----if you have any luck finding another dominican hairstylist, please let me know. I am getting married in October and even put an add on craigslist looking for one. I don't want to have to spend the $$ to fly my NY hairdresser down here!!
Signed,

Bad Hair Day

nichar525

Nov 12, 2006
I was just wondering if either of you have found someone to do your hair since you've been in Charlotte. I, too am originally from NYC and I have gotten used to the Dominican hair experience. Not only do they do a better job on my hair than anyone else, but they are so affordable. I recently moved to Charlotte and I haven't been able to find anyone to do my hair as of yet. I've seen quite a few Hispanice hair salons but I'm not sure if they are Dominican and I don't want to embarrass myself. Anyone have any suggestions?

sali267

Jan 3, 2007
Dominican Stylist

I found a couple of stylist here, the one I go to now is named Ada, she owns Kiri's Unisex on Independence Blvd a block down from Sharon Amity. You should try her.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
If any of you Charlotte people ever go to TIME, say hi toTim for me. Tell him the cigar guys from Santiago said hello! We helped him open the place!!
Great place. Check it out!!

HB

davoucci19

Apr 9, 2005
dominican hairstylist

hey i live in georgia and there is alot of dominican hairstylist here i am dominican myself and dont to nobody else to get my hair done.so if you dont mind driving to georgia and can get you a stylist and many choices:eek:

Chilipepper

Mar 28, 2003
In Charlotte

Hello all,

I have lived in Charlotte a little over a year and there are some dominican stylists around. A new salon just opened on Sugar Creek Road (off of Eastway) it's called Azucar and there is another on Milton Road and (Sharon Amity) called Manhattan Style.

onesweetone

Jun 26, 2006
Dominican Hair Salon

I visited a Dominican owned and operated hair salon in Selma, N.C. She is very good and she only uses imported Dominican hair products. If you need the address or other information pm me please.

donnadee

Mar 3, 2007
Dominican Salons North Carolina

I need a Dominican stylist in or near Charlotte, NC. I am willing to travel to nearby cities. I am desparate!!!

Hairunique

Mar 6, 2007
Hi,
I am new to the cite. I am looking for a good Dominican Hair Salon in the Charlotte area. Have anyone heard of Carmen or Mercerdes on N Tryon in Charlotte. Please let me know of any please.

Great White

Feb 8, 2006
Salon Hispano

I found a couple of stylist here, the one I go to now is named Ada, she owns Kiri's Unisex on Independence Blvd a block down from Sharon Amity. You should try her.

Mi esposa(Dominicana) con mucha experiencia acumulada en NY, es la propietaria de el primerf de salon de belleza en Charleston, SC. Salon de Belleza Latino. Por si les interesa

Great White

Feb 8, 2006
Mi esposa(Dominicana) con mucha experiencia acumulada en NY, es la propietaria de el primerf de salon de belleza en Charleston, SC. Salon de Belleza Latino. Por si les interesa

BIZC8

Dec 21, 2006
Dominican Hairstylist in Charlotte, NC

I also know of one other Dominican hairstylist working in the city of Pineville, NC. Very well recommended... if interested, send me a PM and I'll fwd her telephone number. Also know of a HOT Colombian acrylic nail technician (100% fungus free :cheeky: ). Her work is awesome!

BTW, I'm a guy. I'm not personally a client, but my wife and all her friends sure are.

Joe-C

Dec 3, 2007
Hi, to all my Dominican family in charlotte and the surrounding area. Please forgive for i know this guestion is out of context. I would love to know social event and gathering where i could converse with others Dominican in this area.

Prshus

Dec 5, 2007
I went to Mercerdes on last week & she was pretty good. I just think she charges a little too much for what she does & also, my hair is short,shaved in the back & she wasn't able to 'tapper' the back but I love the way my hair felt after she did it.

Hi,
I am new to the cite. I am looking for a good Dominican Hair Salon in the Charlotte area. Have anyone heard of Carmen or Mercerdes on N Tryon in Charlotte. Please let me know of any please.

Prshus

Dec 5, 2007
What types of products does Ada use & what price ranges does she have. My hair is currently short & I want to grow it out but I need someone that can maintain the 'short/shaved' back until it fully grows out.

Prshus

Dec 5, 2007
:paranoid:So how is Ada? Does she do a good job & what kind of prices does she have?

cocolady247

Aug 16, 2008
Well let me be the first to let you know that there is a new dominican salon in NC. The name of it is La Look Day Spa in Mebane, NC. Its owned by a PR from NY named Evelyn and she has this black lady from NJ named April in there and they do some serious work for a little bit of $$$$. I went to them in June to get my doo done (I used to live in da Bronx) and I been going ever since. Authentic doobies done. Evelyn used to own a salon in Queens (Hair Affair, International) before she relocated here. She has been pumping out some beautiful heads for at least 30 years. April has been doing hair for about 12 years now and she does it all. Give them a call (919) 304-4222

babyplatinum

Aug 24, 2008
For those who live in the charlotte area or near the charlotte area, Their going to be a new upscale price friendly Dominican Salon named Ivellise Salon that is going to open in a few weeks. The owners mission is to make their salon the official home for those who crave quality dominican hairstyling. The owner's name is Ivellise and she has owned a very successful salon called, The Best Beauty Salon for over 13 years which is located in Jamaica queens , NY. She now decided to relocate to North Carolina and open up another salon. The salon is in construction at the moment and should open up in about three weeks. If you are interested in experiencing their excellent work, just call ivellise herself at (917) 328- 9123 , She is very friendly and will tell you all about herself and what she does.