Yellow Jumpsuit Street Sweeper People

Naufrago

Sep 1, 2004
I know you've seen them out there, keeping the streets of SD clean. How can I get them to come down my street? How much do they get paid? Are they a recent phenomenom? Are they convicts on work release? or Welfare recipients on Workfare? Maybe Community service for petty crimes?

paddy

Silver
Oct 4, 2003
street sweepers

Naufrago said:
I know you've seen them out there, keeping the streets of SD clean. How can I get them to come down my street? How much do they get paid? Are they a recent phenomenom? Are they convicts on work release? or Welfare recipients on Workfare? Maybe Community service for petty crimes?
with all the people out of work in the dr...what would it take for you to find someone for pennies to sweep your street?

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
Naufrago said:
They get paid for it. That's their uniform.

They only clean avenues and important streets. I see them everyday on Romulo Betancourt, Sarasota and Enriquillo, they don't come in in neighborhood streets. You are responsible for sweeping the sidewalk in front of your house and keeping it clean. The dude that works here washes it every morning, do the same. :classic:

Naufrago

Sep 1, 2004
Pib said:
The dude that works here washes it every morning, do the same.

Yes, of course. My Haitian Dude keeps our apartment sidewalk spotless too. But what about all of the other buildings on our street that don't seem to care as much? Do the police (or the Dept. Of Health, if one exists?) ever ticket a building owner for failure to clean the sidewalk?

Bartolomeo67

Mar 18, 2004
Naufrago said:
Do the police (or the Dept. Of Health, if one exists?) ever ticket a building owner for failure to clean the sidewalk?

Good one :nervous: !!
This is the Dominican Republic you are talking about, not some overregulated country like Switzerland.

Naufrago

Sep 1, 2004
Back in NYC, the Health Department Inspector gets the best tips (bribes). Now that's the kind of regulation they might really appreciate down here. ;)

Naufrago

Sep 1, 2004
Leaving for work this morning and what do I see, a whole army of yellow jumpsuit streetsweeper people moving down my street, working furiously. My Dominican Tax Pesos at work! :knockedou

"From Dr1 posting to God's ears" :eek:

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
Naufrago said:
Leaving for work this morning and what do I see, a whole army of yellow jumpsuit streetsweeper people moving down my street, working furiously. My Dominican Tax Pesos at work! :knockedou

"From Dr1 posting to God's ears" :eek:
I'll be darned! My street is right behind a main avenue that gets cleaned daily and nobody comes to sweep clean our street. :cross-eye

Anyways, kudos to Roberto for a job well-done (so far, so good).