Moving to SDQ

Budson

Mar 10, 2004
I have taken a permament postion and I am in the process of relocating here to Santo Domingo. Could someone suggest a place (or places) to furnish an apartment? Price and quality should be good but not exclusive. Have already experienced Plaza Lama, thanks.

Also,

Beyond what I have learned with a few Berlitz classes and what I have learned working here in the DR for the past 1.5 years, I need to accelerate my skills in Spanish. I know Berlitz is located here. Anyone have an alternative suggestions for this? I was thinking a tutor as I have learned a lot in the Berlitz immersion program but it is prohibitively expensive. No kids or spouse coming so I am the only one who would need the training.

Thanks in Advance,
Buddy

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
I would visit Conforama, La Isla, and for cheap would go out to El Canal on Luperon.

Welcome to Santo Domingo!!

FarOut

Jul 26, 2004
Try to contact Hans, this is a Swiss Guy living in Sato Domingo (Zona Colonial). He can teach you Castellano and the local dialect in small Groups
or just one to one.

Phone: 809 682 21 38 - E-Mail hbartenstein@yahoo.de

Budson

Mar 10, 2004
Thanks for the suggestions....

Went to Comforama and La Nacional Home Gallery. Would like to hear some suggestions on price and quality between the two. Also, locations (street intersections) are helpful. Been coming to the DR for almost 2 years but I am new to Santo Domingo.

Thanks in Advance

Buddy

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
Conforama (Very good prices and selection)
San V de Paul 361 (Mega Centro) on the other side of the river
Santo Domingo
(809) 414-6026
http://www.conforamadr.com

La Nacional Home Gallery
Gustavo M Ricart 105
Santo Domingo
(809) 683-6808