Travelling from PC to SD

chiquittabanana

Feb 11, 2004
I will be travelling to PC next month,, but my final destination is SD... my flight gets in about 3 PM.

I talked to some locals last week while I was there,,,inquired about the time table for the bus fromPC to SD,,, but these people didn't give me a straight answer.

Does anybody here in the forum knows the exact times for departure from PC to SD on the Express bus?

Thank you.

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
I believe the last "Bavaro Express" bus for SD leaves at 4:00. That's gunna be a tight connection to say the least, considering you would need to claim your bags, clear customs, and get a cab to the bus station in Bavaro.

More convenient, but obviously more expensive, would be the 6:30 flight from Punta Cana to Herrera airport in SD. $80 one way

http://takeoffweb.com/_wsn/page2.html

As far as I know your only other option would be to spend a night in Punta Cana or Bavaro and catch a bus the next morning.

snowbird44

Oct 29, 2004
Check out Punta Cana to Higuey to SD

I just did the Cabarete to Punta Cana trip by bus last week. We flew back to POP because we couldn't face the bus trip again, especially in Samana Santa!
My friend in PC tells me that there is a local bus to Higuey (RD$40) and as far as I know the buses from Higuey to SD are every hour, but I don't know when the last one leaves. Hope this helps. Maybe somebody on this forum can give additional information.

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
Having nothing better to do, I did some poking around on the search function, and discovered that the last bus from Higuey to SD leaves at 6:30. This is not an express bus, so it will make a lot of stops and arrive in SD quite late. I also found out that the cab from the airport to the bus station in Bavaro will cost $25. You are looking at a cab and 2 busses, and arrival in SD at 11 or later, then a cab to your destination. Is that flight looking better about now?

riravaga

Feb 24, 2005
You can take a cab from PC to Higuey and take and express from Higuey to Santo Domingo, be sure to take the express because they do not stops untill arrive to Santo Domingo.

wim

Jan 10, 2002
cots

A taxi till Higuey cost you +/- 900 pesos then the bus from Higuey till Santo Domingo cost you 140 pesos .
Have a nice vacation .
Greetings , Wim .