Moving to the D.R.

sonnie

Mar 30, 2005
I'm Dominican and planning to move back there within the next couple of months. Is there any info., planning, or checklist that I need to make for my transition? (ex.: registering in the U.S. embassy in the capital, etc.)
(checklist already includes: mosquito repelent, A.C., y ya por ahorra)

thanks,

sonnie

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Hi there, it might be a good idea to start by doing a search of the site. You will find a lot of usefulinformation. When you are done reading, then come back with some specific questions.

By the way, what part of the DR are you coming to? Good luck.

sonnie

Mar 30, 2005
moving to D.R.

planner said:
Hi there, it might be a good idea to start by doing a search of the site. You will find a lot of usefulinformation. When you are done reading, then come back with some specific questions.

By the way, what part of the DR are you coming to? Good luck.

Thanks Planner,

I did the search on the site, very useful!!!! ;)
I'm planning on moving to 'La capital', since there are more jobs there and better paying ones. But, I'm not going to reject any other places from there. I'm looking for a job in the IT field, as many others are!!!
Since I have dual citizenship (U.S.A. and D.R.), do I need any special permits or license to work in D.R.?

thanks again for your suggection,

sonnie

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
What kind of experience?

sonnie said:
Thanks Planner,

I did the search on the site, very useful!!!! ;)
I'm planning on moving to 'La capital', since there are more jobs there and better paying ones. But, I'm not going to reject any other places from there. I'm looking for a job in the IT field, as many others are!!!
Since I have dual citizenship (U.S.A. and D.R.), do I need any special permits or license to work in D.R.?

thanks again for your suggection,

sonnie

What area in IT? could be interested

sonnie

Mar 30, 2005
Network Admin.

bienamor said:
What area in IT? could be interested

My current position consist of Network Admin., Sys. Analysis, technical support to employees within my company. I've been working here for the past 5 years: 2 of them I spent as a Cust. Service Rep./Technical Assistant, then transferred over to the IT department and still here :classic:!!! I also do some programming but haven't had the chance to fully demonstrate my abilities in that area within my company. The area which I'm pursuing for is System Analysis, Network Administration position.

Let me know if you would like to know more.

Thanks,

Sonnie

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Do you speak fluent Spanish? If so your chances are much better at getting a job. I"m not sure what kind of positions are available like this.

IF you have dual citizenship you should be able to work here - no problem. Just make sure your paperwork is in order.....

Of course you realize you will not make the kind of money here that you are used to.

Good luck and keep up posted on your progress..

sonnie

Mar 30, 2005
planner said:
Do you speak fluent Spanish? If so your chances are much better at getting a job. I"m not sure what kind of positions are available like this.

IF you have dual citizenship you should be able to work here - no problem. Just make sure your paperwork is in order.....

Of course you realize you will not make the kind of money here that you are used to.

Good luck and keep up posted on your progress..

Planner,

Yes, I do speak/write/read fluently in Spanish and English. I know that I will not make the same amount that I'm making up here, but it's not (only) about the money. But, I do appreciate the concern, though ;) . I've been wanted to make this move for the past couple of years!!!!! :D Move back to my country "que extra?o y quiero mucho, despues de lo malo que has pasado o esta pasando todavia hay muchas cosas buenas y me siento orgugoso de mi pais". I'm single, not married, no kids so there is nobody that I have to drag with me and I just want to try it out. :classic: :classic:

Thanks again for you help and yes, I will keep returning to this site!!!!

--Sonnie

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
You are welcome. Glad to see that you already know a lot about what you might be in for. One question: what is orgugoso? I understood what you wrote but can't figure out this word or get it to translate online either.

As for you being single, no kids: THAT WON'T LAST LONG......LOL.

Good luck and ask any questions you like, keep us updated.

sonnie

Mar 30, 2005
planner said:
You are welcome. Glad to see that you already know a lot about what you might be in for. One question: what is orgugoso? I understood what you wrote but can't figure out this word or get it to translate online either.

As for you being single, no kids: THAT WON'T LAST LONG......LOL.

Good luck and ask any questions you like, keep us updated.

ooooopsss...... orgugoso, I actually was trying to write 'orgulloso' which means 'Proud'.

yea, you're right on the single and no kids thing!!! hahahahahahaha

take care!!!

--Sonnie

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
email cv to

sonnie said:
My current position consist of Network Admin., Sys. Analysis, technical support to employees within my company. I've been working here for the past 5 years: 2 of them I spent as a Cust. Service Rep./Technical Assistant, then transferred over to the IT department and still here :classic:!!! I also do some programming but haven't had the chance to fully demonstrate my abilities in that area within my company. The area which I'm pursuing for is System Analysis, Network Administration position.

Let me know if you would like to know more.

Thanks,

Sonnie[/QUOTE

sent you an email address