I need some help... funeral expenses

stewart

Mar 1, 2004
We got some news last night that has prompted us to think about funeral expenses. I need solid information from anybody that might have gone through thi recently. I need to know what a typical funeral/burial/velorio costs. And who in Santiago handle such things?
Any info would be great. Thanks.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Stewart: Get over here!

Come on, come on over and we can go up there and get it done. The list is not long and if you do it the day before, things are easier on everybody.

I've been there and done that. Just in time it turns out!

Don't be shy.

HB :D:D

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Very smart to get these things done in Advance. Lot easier than when your mind is in termoil. Bought and paid for both of my parents before either passed. When my mother passed I was wondering how in the world I would have gotten though it.

Scott

stewart

Mar 1, 2004
Hillbilly said:
Come on, come on over and we can go up there and get it done. The list is not long and if you do it the day before, things are easier on everybody.

I've been there and done that. Just in time it turns out!

Don't be shy.

HB :D:D
Thanks for the offer. To be honest we aren't exactly sure what we're dealing with. But it apears that my wife's mother may have later stages on lung cancer. Because I don't have a lot of confidence in my wife's family to deal with this, financially or emotionally, I feel like I should go on point.
Unfotunately, I am in Utah and don't know the process there. Or what the cost may be. But I want to be prepared. So I will for sure tap the vast knowledge available on DR1 and will likely ask for your help personally Hillbilly as we get a better feel for this.
I really do thank you for your offer to help.

duhtree

Jun 2, 2003
An alternative would be to contact a medical either in the RD or the states. They will incur all expenses for the funeral. Not sure about burial though. But will deliver an urn with the creamated remains for you to do as you choose. This is regardless of the " condition " of the deceased.
A final act of giving is not such a terrible thing, either.
John