Thread: Fires

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Fires

Are these fires out of the ordinary or what. If so is out of country expertise needed and or required.

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dmad
    Are these fires out of the ordinary or what. If so is out of country expertise needed and or required.
    The DR suffers droughts the way we suffer hurricanes. Unfortunately people forget about them and while the government bought helicopters to fight the forest fires, it forgot about an important accessory and now is lacking in its ability to fight them.

I think they could use some help. The people to contact would be at the Ministry of Environment or the Ministry of Armed Forces if you can reach the person in charge of the fires.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dolores
    The DR suffers droughts the way we suffer hurricanes. Unfortunately people forget about them and while the government bought helicopters to fight the forest fires, it forgot about an important accessory and now is lacking in its ability to fight them.

I think they could use some help. The people to contact would be at the Ministry of Environment or the Ministry of Armed Forces if you can reach the person in charge of the fires.
    the article stated that they found tires at the scene of the fire..could be a dump??in the us and canada tire fires start from lightening strikes..and vandals..millions of tires can burn and smolder for years..i wonder what they do with all of the tires in the dr??

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Forgive me if I sound insane...but...

How long does it take to buy an "accessory" Bambi Bucket? Twenty days?????
    Are they manufactured on the moon? What the hell is going on overthere? Shouldn't severed heads roll over a multi-million $$$ purchase that is useless when needed? I feel better now...but my head is still spinning.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

No.......they appear to have been sitting in a Miami port in a container for over 2 years!
    http://www.diariolibre.com/app/article.aspx?id=30329

Sec of Armed Forces says they will be here tomorrow
    http://elnacional.com.do/app/article.aspx?id=28080