Cascading?

Autumn

Apr 1, 2005
My husband and I are visiting Punta Cana for the first time in May! We are very excited but are having trouble finding information on excursions that arent so 'touristy', if you know what I mean!

We are very interested in cascading but cant find any information regarding it. We would also like to find information on other fun things to do that arent so 'run of the mill', so to speak!

We will be visiting the Riu Palace Macao, wish us luck...we cant wait!!

Autumn

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Autumn said:
My husband and I are visiting Punta Cana for the first time in May! We are very excited but are having trouble finding information on excursions that arent so 'touristy', if you know what I mean!

We are very interested in cascading but cant find any information regarding it. We would also like to find information on other fun things to do that arent so 'run of the mill', so to speak!

We will be visiting the Riu Palace Macao, wish us luck...we cant wait!!

Autumn

In Punta Cana you will find lots of "cascading swimming pools!"

The better cascading in the country is quite far away, the best being in Damajagua, near Puerto Plata (north coast). But you are about a seven hour drive away. You would need to overnight to do that excursion. Do a search of the message board to get info on it. Highly recommended.

Check out the dr1 destination pages at http://dr1.com/travel/index.shtml

In your area, if you want to explore, I would recommend you rent a 4 wheel vehicle (pick up or jeep) and head out to Miches. In the area, ask for Playa Esmeralda. Off the road, and there is a place to eat.

Also be sure to check out Playa Macao. It is slated for the construction of a Westin, but is lovely now that it is a bare beach. About half an hour from your hotel.

Also, go out to Boca de Yuma (great seafood) and the Ponce de Leon house. About an hour from your hotel.

And Bayahibe beach (almost two hours from where you are), and of course La Romana's Altos de Chavon. If you get that far, check out the Cueva de las Maravillas cave.

Enjoy the touristy attractions we post, they are not too touristy!