Best resort in the dr

Status
Not open for further replies.

holacanada

Sep 8, 2004
Thumbs up for CORAL MARIEN !!!

Hol? todos !

For my experience (7 times ton DR) South coast and North Coast, the best resort in North Coast is far most the Coral Marien by Hilton. Situated between Puerto Plata and Sosus/Cabarete area, it's purely wonderfull. Just take a look at
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Re...Reviews-Coral_Marien_Resort_and_Spa_by_Hilton Puerto_Plata_Dominican_Republic.html.

This is the second best rated complex in POP area. (out of 81 !).

Three kind of scenery > The big complex with all incluido and the stuff, the city of Puerto Plata with a lots of local culture and the beautiful beach in Sosua. For a single traveller it's fantastic. Never bored. And the prices are OK (high quality/price).

Holacanada

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Get it straight....

Okay if you are going to say "best resort" then you better name a resort honey.

You said:

Bavaro beach and Playa dorada,Puerto plata.

These are not resorts but resort areas. For example: Playa Dorada includes 15 resorts now! So, which one is best then???

santobonao

Bronze
Jun 3, 2003
www.telemundo.com
planner said:
Okay if you are going to say "best resort" then you better name a resort honey.

You said:

Bavaro beach and Playa dorada,Puerto plata.

These are not resorts but resort areas. For example: Playa Dorada includes 15 resorts now! So, which one is best then???

Yeah playa dorada is a good place to hang out in the summer. There so many resort like occidental.

Jun 5, 2004
I will go with punta Goleta Beach resort in Sosua or cabarete the hotel is very cheap in prica and is somewhere where u can definetly have lot of fun.

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
RIU Taino hands down...actually as far as AI's go, the whole RIU complex in Bavaro is awesome!

windrifter

Dec 29, 2004
Riu's

drloca said:
RIU Taino hands down...actually as far as AI's go, the whole RIU complex in Bavaro is awesome!

I have to agree with you there.My husband and I have returned to the Taino 5 times in the last 14 mths. We have been to other hotels on the East and North coast but they have not compared with the welcoming feeling of the Riu staff. We know being friendly is their job and I admit that we do tip reasonably well (Not all Canadians are skinflints) but they have also been just as generous to us in return even though it is not expected. The tourist business is or should be a reciprocal one and these people have hit the nail on the head where everyone is in a win, win situation..We return because of the way they make us feel and they appreciate our returning because along with the much needed cash we treat them as friends not servants. In the end everyone is happy and no one feels "used".
Elizabeth

NY1

Feb 26, 2002
Of the properties I have been to, the best resort is the Flamenco Beach in Punta Cana.
Of the one's I have researched and sent friends to, Secrets Excellence is hands down the best resort on the island.

Status
Not open for further replies.