La Vega neighbors

americanized

Nov 17, 2004
Anybody from La Vega in this forum? I want to know about the town, its ambience, etc.

I am considering it for a future move. Any feedback would be appreciated.
Thanks,

RubioVargas

Mar 29, 2005
americanized said:
Anybody from La Vega in this forum? I want to know about the town, its ambience, etc.

I am considering it for a future move. Any feedback would be appreciated.
Thanks,

My father's family is from La Vega. I always spend time there when I visit the country. It's a very nice, quiet, relaxing place. The region is a little differen than the coastal areas. While you can't go to the beach, you can always find an ice-cold river or lake to swim in. The mountains are beautiful, and even the poorest areas have a unique beauty about them. La Vega and the area around it is, in my opinion, the most beautiful part of the country.
In terms of development, La Vega is a little bit behind Santo Domingo and Santiago. The area isn't very urban-based and the atmosphere isn't quite as "international" as it is in Santo Domingo. I never see too many Americans or other foreign nationals in the area. In comparrisson to the U.S. La Vega is much like the midwest. Full of courteous, quiet, hardworking rural people.

Anyway, there you have my two cents worth. Hope it can help in the least.

americanized

Nov 17, 2004
Thanks Rubio

Thanks you for the info. La Vega sounds like the kind of town I want. Low profile, quiet, clean and close (25 minutes drive) to a major city. I am being sold a lot in an area called Santa Maria (across from Radio Santa Maria). If you or someone you know know anything aboit the area, info will be appreciated.

Thanks