Help from anyone on this matter

easygoin

Bronze
Jan 2, 2005
I would just like to know from the threads I read why some people believe that women from Canada are told that they are heavy or ugly... thats the reason why they come to the DR...been to Canada many times and seen mostly thin, well dressed, educated, and good-looking friendly women overall.

I go to sporting events quite often and I will say hockey females are the most classiest.. and the best dressed out of the four major sports by far.

Now are the women in the Dominican Republic for the most part thin. And I don't mean a lower class, more of an upper educated woman that takes care of herself ? thanks.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I've been to all the islands of the eastern Caribbean and also to Canada. I think there is a larger percentage of slender, beautiful women in the DR than in the other locations.

I don't think anybody has said all the women in Canada are fat and ugly. But the girls you often see walking hand in hand in Sosua with a sanky probably doesn't get near that much attention in Canada.

easygoin

Bronze
Jan 2, 2005
Ken said:
I've been to all the islands of the eastern Caribbean and also to Canada. I think there is a larger percentage of slender, beautiful women in the DR than in the other locations.

I don't think anybody has said all the women in Canada are fat and ugly. But the girls you often see walking hand in hand in Sosua with a sanky probably doesn't get near that much attention in Canada.

thanks for your reply. please dont get me wrong....i dont mean all (im a Montreal Canadiens fan) and predominantly their French with slender bodies that I see. Even in Tampa when Canadian teams come to play their fans that live down here are slender also for the most part that's all I'm saying.

DR Rubia

Mar 12, 2005
Hang ups

easygoin said:
thanks for your reply. please dont get me wrong....i dont mean all (im a Montreal Canadiens fan) and predominantly their French with slender bodies that I see. Even in Tampa when Canadian teams come to play their fans that live down here are slender also for the most part that's all I'm saying.
What is with the weight hang ups?? so if you are heavy, you are ugly and only sanky dominicanos are interested?? HOW Ridiculous! :rolleyes:

easygoin

Bronze
Jan 2, 2005
no not at all

DR Rubia said:
What is with the weight hang ups?? so if you are heavy, you are ugly and only sanky dominicanos are interested?? HOW Ridiculous! :rolleyes:

i just asked a question ...not to be mean at all to anyone.looks and size is only skin deep in my eyes. ;)

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
DR Rubia said:
I agree! If I were a sankie I would have better taste.

On the other hand there are many other Dominican men that would go for a fattie if she is very pale. I noticed that also.

mofi

Feb 9, 2005
Escott said:
I agree! If I were a sankie I would have better taste.

On the other hand there are many other Dominican men that would go for a fattie if she is very pale. I noticed that also.
If you were a sankie and had better tastes you might go out of business, Sankies pray on people with insecurities, that have a craving for attention.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Montreal women.

It is a widely accepted fact that Montreal women are the best dressed and prettiest women in Canada.
I have never thought that Canadian women in general were fat and ugly, but I do find Dominican women, in general, to be prettier and slimmer.
As Dominican men often prefer women with a "wide load", over the slender ones, one often sees Dominican men with large bodied white women, who might be perceived as fat in their homeland.
I'm sure that the heavy set white women who feel a bit rejected by men in their homelands are pleasantly surprised to find out that they are perceived as beautiful, by the men, here in the DR, just as I am pleased that many of the DR women perceive me as attractive, even though I'm an ugly old fart.
Many of the DR women, simply will not date the younger men, as they are often abusive and do not show the ladies the respect they deserve.

Marianopolita

Former Spanish forum Mod 2010-2021
Dec 26, 2003
Regarding Montreal...

Rocky,

You are absolutely correct on that one. It's just true. It is the clothing style and selection. Go down Rue Ste. Catherine, Rue Sherbrooke and you will see why. They have some beautiful clothing boutiques.

-Lesley D-

Rocky said:
It is a widely accepted fact that Montreal women are the best dressed and prettiest women in Canada.

Juniper

Apr 15, 2004
Rocky said:
just as I am pleased that many of the DR women perceive me as attractive, even though I'm an ugly old fart.

And you believe them? Honey, wake up and smell the coffee.

CyaBye3015

Bronze
Jan 8, 2003
Rocky said:
I am pleased that many of the DR women perceive me as attractive, even though I'm an ugly old fart.

That is what I love about the DR, there is at least one person that is uglier and older than MOI! :nervous:

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
ah ah

Juniper said:
And you believe them? Honey, wake up and smell the coffee.

So you've seen my ugly mugg, huh?
Heck, I scare sharks away when I go diving.
I just figured that the ladies here were too proud to wear glasses and that they're really nearsighted.
You know it ain't for my money, I ain't got none.
Maybe some of AZB's charm has worn off on me.

dawnwil

Bronze
Aug 27, 2003
Rocky said:
I have never thought that Canadian women in general were fat and ugly, but I do find Dominican women, in general, to be prettier and slimmer.
As Dominican men often prefer women with a "wide load", over the slender ones, one often sees Dominican men with large bodied white women, who might be perceived as fat in their homeland.
I'm sure that the heavy set white women who feel a bit rejected by men in their homelands are pleasantly surprised to find out that they are perceived as beautiful, by the men, here in the DR, just as I am pleased that many of the DR women perceive me as attractive, even though I'm an ugly old fart.
Many of the DR women, simply will not date the younger men, as they are often abusive and do not show the ladies the respect they deserve.

Well now, this was very politically correct.

I'm not so sure the heavy set white women are perceived as beautiful.

However, the impression that they are moneyed gringas is absolutely perceived as beautiful.

Perhaps that perception really is a physical turnon, because men's penises are generally directly connected to their eyesight... and I have difficulty imagining they can fake that.

Then again, a pro is a pro. Perhaps this is the one quality that truly makes a sankie a sankie: the ability to get it up on the job.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
I think that I will regret this but here it goes!

easygoin said:
I would just like to know from the threads I read why some people believe that women from Canada are told that they are heavy or ugly... thats the reason why they come to the DR...been to Canada many times and seen mostly thin, well dressed, educated, and good-looking friendly women overall.
Maybe because some people are narrow-minded?. Some people DO like to generalize. It's the same as saying that ALL dominicans are unfaithful and ALL resort workers are sankies.

If all they see is fat and ugly Canadians, some will think that the whole country is "ugly country". If they see Canadians with sankies/sankettes some would think that ALL Canadians are the same. WE ALL know not all Canadian sankie lovers/victims are fat or ugly. Need proof, just go to the "Media Gallery" and you will know that I am talking about.

Some people DO look pass the "fat factor". There are some people that really DO see a heart and not a "weight". When I was much younger, about 70 years ago, my beloved Diane, God rest her soul, was the most amazing and beautiful person that I have ever met. When I looked at her I did not see that she was overweight, I just saw a very giving, loving and sainty human.

As a poster said, she thinks that "not all white, heavy-set women are perceived as beautiful" and I could not agree more. And as the same poster stated, yes, most people would see "greens" when they see a person, even if the person is fat.

When it comes to sankies/sankettes, they are a EOF (Equal Opportunity F'ers) organization. All are welcomed, old, young, fat, skinny, male, female, while, black, orange, martians, people missing a leg, an arm or their "privates". You have "greens", the sky's the limit, even if you are the ugliest or fattest person on God's green earth!!!!.

It amazes me that if you have "greens" you don't need a face lift, lose weight or find the "fountain of youth". All of a sudden you are, beautiful, not fat and are as young as a baby.

Rocky and CyaBye, take a number and get on line right behind the leader, :eek:. Ever heard of Johnny Ventura's "La Protesta De Los Feos" (The Uglie's Protest) ?. I was the inspiration. I was only about 10 when they recorded it but somehow the knew ugly when they saw it, :cry: :cry:

Did I do good, OP?.

Last edited:

DR Rubia

Mar 12, 2005
Realism or negitivity??

dawnwil said:
Well now, this was very politically correct.

I'm not so sure the heavy set white women are perceived as beautiful.

However, the impression that they are moneyed gringas is absolutely perceived as beautiful.

Perhaps that perception really is a physical turnon, because men's penises are generally directly connected to their eyesight... and I have difficulty imagining they can fake that.

Then again, a pro is a pro. Perhaps this is the one quality that truly makes a sankie a sankie: the ability to get it up on the job.

I know that many Do see $$ but there are many that don't. I have run into both. I am a heavy set American Woman that is very pretty. I am not insecure and many men in my homeland do find me attractive. I resent the generalzations you have made of white women and of the dominican people. The ridiculous notion that only skinny women can really get a man excited shows just how STUPID you are. By the way heavier women can be very beautiful it all depends on how you feel about yourself and how you present yourself. :mad:

DR Rubia

Mar 12, 2005
Good Job Miguel

miguel said:
Maybe because some people are narrow-minded?. Some people DO like to generalize. It's the same as saying that ALL dominicans are unfaithful and ALL resort workers are sankies.

If all they see is fat and ugly Canadians, some will think that the whole country is "ugly country". If they see Canadians with sankies/sankettes some would think that ALL Canadians are the same. WE ALL know not all Canadian sankie lovers/victims are fat or ugly. Need proof, just go to the "Media Gallery" and you will know that I am talking about.

Some people DO look pass the "fat factor". There are some people that really DO see a heart and not a "weight". When I was much younger, about 70 years ago, my beloved Diane, God rest her soul, was the most amazing and beautiful person that I have ever met. When I looked at her I did not see that she was overweight, I just saw a very giving, loving and sainty human.

As a poster said, she thinks that "not all white, heavy-set women are perceived as beautiful" and I could not agree more. And as the same poster stated, yes, most people would see "greens" when they see a person, even if the person is fat.

When it comes to sankies/sankettes, they are a EOF (Equal Opportunity F'ers) organization. All are welcomed, old, young, fat, skinny, male, female, while, black, orange, martians, people missing a leg, an arm or their "privates". You have "greens", the sky's the limit, even if you are the ugliest or fattest person on God's green earth!!!!.

It amazes me that if you have "greens" you don't need a face lift, lose weight or find the "fountain of youth". All of a sudden you are, beautiful, not fat and are as young as a baby.

Rocky and CyaBye, take a number and get on line right behind the leader, :eek:. Ever heard of Johnny Ventura's "La Protesta De Los Feos" (The Uglie's Protest) ?. I was the inspiration. I was only about 10 when they recorded it but somehow the knew ugly when they saw it, :cry: :cry:

Did I do good, OP?.

Nicely stated, and very PC. Wish Someothers on here had 1/2 the brain and knowledge you do.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
"Cada cabeza es un mundo".

DR Rubia said:
Nicely stated, and very PC. Wish Someothers on here had 1/2 the brain and knowledge you do.
Oh boy, you shouldn't have said that. Pretty soon I will let you know why I say that.

It comes down to: "whatever makes you happy, as long as the two people are happy".

dawnwil

Bronze
Aug 27, 2003
DR Rubia said:
I know that many Do see $$ but there are many that don't. I have run into both. I am a heavy set American Woman that is very pretty. I am not insecure and many men in my homeland do find me attractive. I resent the generalzations you have made of white women and of the dominican people. The ridiculous notion that only skinny women can really get a man excited shows just how STUPID you are. By the way heavier women can be very beautiful it all depends on how you feel about yourself and how you present yourself. :mad:

I said nothing about only skinny women really getting a man excited.

In this country particularly, unless both Dominican man and white woman stood on equal ground, neither you nor I can know absolutely what is driving the desire. Not only that, but most individuals are unaware themselves of what drives their desire. It isn't pretty to think about, but the human species is not so long out of the cave.

Human nature being what it is, the most basic desire always, for every single human being is: to get one's own needs met. That is the driving force.

In a country whereby 'sankies' are the uneducated, hungry, and poor, gringas represent the promised land.

You don't have to like this reality to make it true. Take offence if you wish, it's not my problem that you choose to take something personally that I choose to describe impersonally.

carl ericson70

Nov 15, 2003
easygoin said:

I go to sporting events quite often and I will say hockey females are the most classiest.. and the best dressed out of the four major sports by far.

Now are the women in the Dominican Republic for the most part thin. And I don't mean a lower class, more of an upper educated woman that takes care of herself ? thanks.

Hi! first off......... I'm not trying ruffle anyone's feathers, but the following is mere observations of canadian, american and dominican women. Particularly those that frequent the DR. Ummmmm! from what I've seen among english speaking/descended canadian women, I'd say that incidences of obesity are as common as they are among their american female counterparts. Where(as you should know)are among the highest in the world. Now, those of french descent tend to be petite, almost by default. I don't know wether or not it's due to culture, genes or what. In north america obesity is a national health crissis and obesity related ailments kill more americans per annum than homicides, aids and suicides combined.

As for dominican women, I'd definately say that they're on average thinner than american and canadian women in the same age brackets. They've beautifull dark brown to light brown skin tones. Heavenly round butts to go with that! Not to mention that they take care of themselves and always strive to look their best in public, even amongst the poorest of them. This is one of the biggest reason that so many gringos from abroad are smitten by them.

On single white canadian women in the DR: From what I've seen most that go there to bang with dark men are usually on the chunky side. It's the same in my area of the u.s., I see interracial couples all the time(mostly black men and white women). About 60% of the time the black male is well-built and attractive and the white female over-weight to some degree and less attractive. Of course there's exceptions.

What this tells me is that there's a trend in north america for heavy-set white females to seek greener pastures with men(i.e. black and hispanic) who're well known to be more accepting of heavier women or even prefer them over thin ones. This dynamic is obviously also playing out with canadian women and dominican men in the DR. On the flip side, it's common to see fat, balding middle aged white men in the DR with fit & attractive young dark dominican women.

Just my personal observations!
carl

Last edited: