Sosua internet / unstable ?

Tor

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
About the last three weeks, at our place we go offline in short periods of 3 to 10 minutes very frequently, sometimes nearly every hour. Is this only at our place, or is this happening in the whole Sosua net ?

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Tor said:
About the last three weeks, at our place we go offline in short periods of 3 to 10 minutes very frequently, sometimes nearly every hour. Is this only at our place, or is this happening in the whole Sosua net ?
No problems here, whatsoever.
Are you on dial up or flash?

Tor

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Rocky said:
No problems here, whatsoever.
Are you on dial up or flash?

We are on flash. The problems started just after codetel made some changes at our Condominium, so I guess it might be a local problem, would just check with other users in Sosua first.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I'm on flash at El Neptuno and haven't experienced the problem, Tor.

james

Jan 14, 2002
Tor said:

Los Cerros de Sosua...also for last 3 to 4 weeks it (Flash) is on and off all day long...sometimes only on for 4 to 5 minutes and other times on for an hour or more then off for 1 to 2 hours or more.

Tor

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Not unlike our situation, howerver we are rarely out for more than 7 minutes at the time, most often about 4 minutes, very annoying.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Loose connection?

Sounds like there's a loose connection somewhere in the main lines.
Both Ken & I live very close to the main trunk, which might explain why we are not experiencing any difficulties, assuming there's a bad connection somewhere past us.
You guys should be on the phone to Verizon 3 or 4 times a day, until you get it fixed.
PS: Where do you live Tor?

Tor

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Rocky said:
Sounds like there's a loose connection somewhere in the main lines.
Both Ken & I live very close to the main trunk, which might explain why we are not experiencing any difficulties, assuming there's a bad connection somewhere past us.
You guys should be on the phone to Verizon 3 or 4 times a day, until you get it fixed.
PS: Where do you live Tor?

Condos Dominicano, so it's not that far away.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Tor, it is my understanding that Condos Dominicanos installed its own system to bring flash to each apartment. Maybe the problem is in Condos Dominicanos.

Tor

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Yes, thats possible, I would just check first if it was a common problem in town. Seems that the problem is at the connection to our building, or very close. Thanks for the answers.