Question for Santiago experts...HB?

stewart

Mar 1, 2004
One of the greatest DR adventures I ever had was getting in an old Land Rover "publico" and taking the trip to Diego de Ocampo. It was a 2 or 3 mile hike from where the truck dropped us off to the summit. From the peak, you can see to La Vega in one direction. And the ocean of the north coast in the other.
I will be taking my kids to Santiago in September and would love to reapeat the trip with them.
So my question is: Where did I catch the Land Rover that drove me up the mountain? I can't for the life of me remember. I think it was near the baseball stadium.

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
Gurabito

You caught that Land Rover in Gurabito. Right were all the other jeeps gather to take people to Jacagua and Ranchito De Pichey a campo going in the direction of Diego De Ocampo. I have a relative that owns one of these jeeps and he takes people up there. He's always around the area waiting for passengers.

It's a nice little one day get-a-way. Done it many times.

Enjoy!!!

stewart

Mar 1, 2004
El Tigre said:
You caught that Land Rover in Gurabito. Right were all the other jeeps gather to take people to Jacagua and Ranchito De Pichey a campo going in the direction of Diego De Ocampo. I have a relative that owns one of these jeeps and he takes people up there. He's always around the area waiting for passengers.

It's a nice little one day get-a-way. Done it many times.

Enjoy!!!

That's it. Gurabito.
It is a great time. I would recommend it to anybody visiting Santiago.
There was another little excursion I think it was in the same area. But it was a little hike to a waterfall. Any idea where that is?

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
Yes

That was in Los Cocos. You can also catch the jeep there in Gurabito that will take you to Los Cocos. You will see people jumping from the top of the waterfall to the pond below. I have never done it because I'm afraid I would drown. LOL. But it's nice there. There's always a cool breeze.