Una Senora Dominicana me rob? todo y quiero ayuda

moozico

May 15, 2002
dominicaninlove.com
Abogados, tengo pregunta. Yo soy Americano, y vivia alli en Santo Domingo, mas specificamente en Katanga, Los Mina, y vivia donde una senora solo para dos meses, y luego encontre un apartamento donde vivia solo. Pues, me quede alli para 8 meses. Como casi no conoci a nadie en Katanga, cuando yo sali del pais, yo deje todos mis pertinencias donde la do?a con confianza. Yo pense que iba a volver, pero yo no pude. Pues, esta senora iba a trabajar para mi y pagar para mis cosas o devolverlas cuando yo regresara, pero yo encontre ella robando dinero de mi negocio alli, y pedi a ella a volver mis cosas. Pues, cuando yo pedi para mis cosas, ella hizo chantaje y dijo que tenia que pagarla $1,000 dolares americanos. Despues, yo mande un abogado a corte, y ella mentio con la idea de su abogada, que yo era esposo de ella, entonces el corte permitio que ella quedo con todas mis cosas. Yo no podia ir porque vivo bien lejos, soy estudiante, y no tengo dinero.

Ella es una ladrona y tambien comitio mentira en corte, cual es muy ilegal. Quiero saber si la policia puede llevar ella a preguntarla con la maquina de mentira. Todo lo que hizo fue ilegal, y lo que ella dijo en corte fue mentira. Yo solo vivia en su casa menos que dos meses, y tengo la prueba de eso con mis facturas de mi apartamento, testigos, etc. Yo nunca era su esposo, ni novio. Y el hecho es que ella tenia novio de estado unidos cuando yo quede en su casa, y se puede verificar eso viendo su cuenta del telefono. Ellos hablaron diario 3 horas cuando yo quede alli.

Yo tengo los recibos originales de casi todo que ella me robo. Quiero ver si la policia me puede ayudar. Yo me encanto el pais cuando yo vivia alli, pero ahora cuando pienso de la republica dominicana, me hace sentir tan mal a saber que una mujer puede robar alguien, sin ningun tipo de prueba. No foto de nosotros juntos, no facturas juntos, no nada. Casi no conoci a esta senora. Ella me robo mi televisor LG Flatron nueva, mi nevera, mis muebles, mi cama, mis mesas, mi ropa, mi VCR, mi computadora, mi camara digital, todo para la cocina, lavadora, y muchas cosas mas que me costo $5,000 dolares.

Si encuentro policia o abogado para ayudarme, puedo entregar todo a esta persona. No me interesa recuperar mis cosas ahora, solo quiero justicia y quiero ver esta ladrona detras barras en el carcel. Si puede ayudarme, por favor contactame. Gracias

moozico

May 15, 2002
dominicaninlove.com
Creo en Dios, no puedo matar una persona. Quisiera quitarla todo, como ella hizo ilegalmente a mi, y meterla presa. Eso es lo que ella merece. Ella merece estar con los otros ladrones. Behind bars... tiene que ser una policia aqui, contactame por favor. Yo se donde vive esta ladrona, y tengo su foto, y cedula tambien.

moozico

May 15, 2002
dominicaninlove.com
Yes, I am American, but I am trying to find help from the Dominican Lawyers and Police, so I posted in Spanish. If you don't understand my message, basically, I rented a room in Katanga, Los Mina for about 6 weeks, then I found an apartment and lived by myself for about 6 more months, until I met my wife. When I left, the only person I knew nearby was this older lady that I rented a room from, and I asked her to take care of my things while I was away. She agreed to watch my things, and she was also going to buy some of them by working for me. But after just 2 months, I found out that she was stealing money from my business. So I asked her to return my things, and then she said if I wanted anything back, I had to pay her $1000 U.S.

So then I paid a lawyer to bring my receipts to court and represent me, and then she lied in court and said I lived with her for many years and that I was her husband, eventhough I only lived in Los Mina for 8 months total, and I only rented from her for less than 2 months, and this lady was totally disgusting.

This lady is way older than me, and not to insult anyone, but extremely obese. She's close to 300 pounds, about 5' 2", with hair all over her legs, mustache, just so absolutely gross...I can't even imagine how a judge could even believe her lies. Anyway, I could not go to court in person because I live really far away, and it's very expensive to travel from here. I am a student, and I can't waste more money on this. So the judge just left the case open, and I paid the lawyer for nothing.

So now, I am looking for a lawyer and the police to go bring this lady into the police station and question her with a lie detector machine. She commited purgury in court and stole all my belongings...about $5,000. I had a brand new LG Flatron TV with Stand that was about $600 over there, a computer, couches, tables, digital camera, washing machine, my bed, my clothes, my English teaching books, new VCR, and also a quilt that was handmade by my Grandmother. It makes me so sick to think of how this thief has stolen all my personal things. I am so angry that I am offering all of my things as a reward to anyone who can help. Now all I want is for her to go to jail and for someone honest to have my things. I would like to recover the quilt that my Grandmother made and my collection of ties. But all the valuable things I am willing to give away to anyone how can help me and my wife put this ladrona behind bars.

But a warning to any American over there... do not leave your belongings in trust with any Dominican, especially a Dominican women. All they have to say is you were in a relationship, and the lady can keep all your things. So if you are leaving the country for a while, just sell your things and buy new stuff when you get back. Don't make the mistake I did. I was not aware of the laws they have over there that heavily favor women.

moozico

May 15, 2002
dominicaninlove.com
Yes, I posted this when it started in 2003, and since then, we paid a lawyer, and got nowhere because this lady is a damn liar, and so now we are seeking the help of the police to bring her in and put her on the lying detector. The lawyer we had said that is what we had to do with her. So can the police do this? Does anyone know?

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
"lying detector" Do we even have these here? :tired:

If that was back in 2003, your lawyer is probably using you by now! The sad thing is that with stories like this usually your best bet is to do it the Dominican way and scare the lady with some Dominican friends of yours or you need to have contact in the police or pay up someone to put her in. On top of that, you are not in the country, so the lawyer could even be ?in? with the lady to suck more money out of you. If you go the legal way, sad to say again, but it will probably empty your bank account before anything is done about it! :cry:

Last edited:

purefolie

Apr 1, 2005
a song for you

Tengo una cancion para ti que es similar a tu problema: Fulanito - La novela!!!!
"Cada madrugada bailamos juntos, me dio la gana adorarte mucho
te d? tel?fono para que me llames, al otro d?a te entregu? la llave
de mi coraz?n y mi apartamento te hice reina de mi aposento
nunca pens? que era' traicionera trat?ndome como tierra.
Eso es pel?cula esa mujer se puso a robar llev? la plancha y televisi?n
mi ropa entera, el mejor sill?n tomo mi disco de Nelson Ned,
ag?rrelo de la pared, se llev? todo por mi mala ma?a
despu?s arranc? la pira?a." ;)

Espero que todo vas a mejorar para ti! Buena suerte!
Mel

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
If this started in 2003, your possessions have probably been sold on by this woman or may by now be in a condition that you wouldn't want to give them to anyone. I think you may need to walk away from this & concentrate on the good things in your life. The only remedy I can see is what juanita suggests.......scare tactics. If you had a friend in the police, they could put the frighteners on, but either way it will cost you. And organising this from outside the country really isn't possible. Let it go.

Bartolomeo67

Mar 18, 2004
This reminds of something I read before

This is what I found on this guy's 2003 dating-website using the WayBackMachine: exactly the same story:
"As many of you know, we were recently robbed by our employee in Santo Domingo, who we thought was our friend. We trusted this lady and paid her a full year in advance, giving her a New Refridgerator, New Couches, a Bed and Tables, a New Washing Machine, a Brand New 26" Flatscreen TV, our Personal Computer and Digital Camera, a New Photo Printer, New Plates, Silverware, Pots and Pans, and many other household items.
We paid her all these things in advance because she was a good friend and was very poor, so we wanted to help her, and we thought that she would help us as well by being our faithful employee.
This lady claimed to be a Christian, but we found out that she is only a hyprocrit. After only working for us 2 months, she stopped working and started demanding more money than Mariel and I could afford to pay. We were already paying her over $20 an hour as it was, and there was no way we could afford to pay her any more. So, we asked her to give back our things, and she refused. She then started asking for a huge sum of money to return our things.
Now, we have spent a full year trying to get back our equipment with various lawyers, and the process has been very slow and costly. We couldn't afford to travel to the DR to appear in court to defend ourselves, and the lady lied to the judge saying the I was her husband and that she had the right to my things. She is a very sick lady. Many of the people who follow our site know that she was actually a member and got engaged. Unfortunately, her relationship did not work out and she was broken hearted. She went crazy and hysterical, desperately crying when she lost this man that she loved so much, and the only way she could get any revenge was to steal the things that Mariel and I left her.
We have had several friends in the DR contact her and try to get our things back, and she has threatened them saying "You don't know me very well, you better watch your back."
She also had her huge, fat, disgusting cousin (this pig is married and grabs every girl he walks by) call and threaten a lady friend of ours. I say fat because he weighs about 450 pounds and he deserves it because he is one of the biggest, sickest, thieves in the DR. This guy is a whole story in himself.
When I was there, he was my landlord and switched the wires from my electric counter to his, so that I was paying his electricity, and he was paying mine. I also paid 8 months rent in advance so he could finish my kitchen, and he never did the work. When the power goes out there, he walks around the neighborhood and collects money from everybody and says he's going to hire someone to fix the problem. Then he pockets the money. Everybody lives afraid of him because he threatens everyone, owns 7 buildings, has money, and always mentions he has a gun if you disagree with him.
Now this pig is telling his lady-pig-cousin that she owes him our TV. The best part of the story is that the mother of these two pigs is like a religious God in the barrio. All the people bring their children to her to have them blessed and cured by the powers of God. In this big house of God lives some of the biggest thieves in Santo Domingo. I hope to make a movie of it someday. I'll have to finish the story later.
Those of you that have enjoyed our site over the years and that have found love or even gotten married already, please give us your support. Any donations will be greatly appreciated. It's not so much the money, but the thought that counts. We would like to do something about these thieves.
Thanks for reading,

Morris and Mariel "

Hi Morris,
I knew I had read this story before - Katanga, Los Mina, robbed by a woman/employee, etc. Why do you want to mislead us all by giving the impression that you are a poor student? Even though I feel sorry for you for what's happened, what exactly do you still hope for after more than 2 years? And especially if for some obscure reason neither you nor your dominican lady are able to come down from California to Santo Domingo to defend your rights. If it's really only about products worth 5,000U$ (which I doubt), drop it and get on with your life and your business.
Bartolomeo

moozico

May 15, 2002
dominicaninlove.com
Actually, my wife and I are both college students. And we are poor. We live with my parents, and don't make near enough to live on our own. We have worked very hard on our website, but unfortunately, it's just a very small business that does not make enough money to live comfortably, or as mentioned before, not enough to live on our own. We have about 2,000 members, and 1,950 members use our service free. So I am not misleading anyone, you don't know the facts. If we could afford it, we would go to the DR and put this crook in jail, but it's very costly for us. We don't have $2000 more to dump into this. As mentioned before, we are looking for police to help out. Thank you.

moozico

May 15, 2002
dominicaninlove.com
Lambada said:
If this started in 2003, your possessions have probably been sold on by this woman or may by now be in a condition that you wouldn't want to give them to anyone. I think you may need to walk away from this & concentrate on the good things in your life. The only remedy I can see is what juanita suggests.......scare tactics. If you had a friend in the police, they could put the frighteners on, but either way it will cost you. And organising this from outside the country really isn't possible. Let it go.

Yes, at this point, we are not looking to recover our things, although we do believe she still has some of our possessions. Mostly, we are looking for peace of mind. 2 years of sleepness nights is enough. We'd like something to be done about this. A feeling of total abuse and rape is very hard to shake. That is what it feels like. Imagine how you'd feel if you left everything you owned with someone you trusted, and then when you ask for your things back, they extort you for a bunch of money, and then later you find out they have stolen or sold it all? It's hard to imagine the feeling until it happens to you.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
I don't know why, and cannot figure the angle, but somehow the Nigerian e-mail scam came to mind when reading this. Y'all know the one were someone has something and you can get it if you do certain things... Well, I've been wrong before and I've been right before, but something is fishy here!

moozico

May 15, 2002
dominicaninlove.com
This has nothing to do with Nigeria. I get those emails daily too, but this has nothing to do with that. But everyone should be aware, if you ever get an email from Nigeria asking to buy large amounts of product from your website, please be aware. This is a huge scam that has been going on for years. The Nigerian will then try to pay with a stolen credit card. Or they will say something like "I have a friend in the states that will pay, but I need this shipped to my address in Nigeria." So, yes, be aware of any emails coming from Nigeria. It's best to not do any business at all with that country, or simply only accept cash or Western Union payments from them.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Well, if I read it right, its been two years... why not move on? What are you going to gain now? Get on with your life already! No-one here is going to send you short-term cash to 'fight your cause'. What is it that you want? The posters on this board cannot make you 'feel better'. Its better to do that all of yourself or get a good therapist.

Guatiao

El Leon de los Cacicazgos
Mar 27, 2004
Dont blame the ocean if you can't swim.

I'm not here to judge but why in the world did you leave your possesions to somebody you just knew for 2 months?
Don't diss all Dominicans for your mistake.
But a warning to any American over there... do not leave your belongings in trust with any Dominican, especially a Dominican women.

If I go to a foriegn land and just met somebody I would not trust them with my belonging. It's simple human logic.

Peace.

PS I suggest you scare her, unless you can go to the DR and actually stay for legal proceeding. In any type of legal dispute it's best for the plantiff to be present, it's no good if you're not watching over your law team.

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
moozico said:
This has nothing to do with Nigeria. I get those emails daily too, but this has nothing to do with that. But everyone should be aware, if you ever get an email from Nigeria asking to buy large amounts of product from your website, please be aware. This is a huge scam that has been going on for years. The Nigerian will then try to pay with a stolen credit card. Or they will say something like "I have a friend in the states that will pay, but I need this shipped to my address in Nigeria." So, yes, be aware of any emails coming from Nigeria. It's best to not do any business at all with that country, or simply only accept cash or Western Union payments from them.
Moozico,

I don't agree with what this lady did to you but you are just gonna complicate more your life and lose much more by not letting it go.

Just look at it as a very positive experience, a mistake that you will learn from and help you wisen up not trusting anybody that comes up to you no matter how religious that person may look.

You are young and have a full life ahead.
Don't lose anymore sleep or your hair on this loss.
Just claim it on your taxes as a third world country donation.
Believe me, this lady will lose 10 times more than what she took from you if she hasn't already.

moozico

May 15, 2002
dominicaninlove.com
Chris said:
Well, if I read it right, its been two years... why not move on? What are you going to gain now? Get on with your life already! No-one here is going to send you short-term cash to 'fight your cause'. What is it that you want? The posters on this board cannot make you 'feel better'. Its better to do that all of yourself or get a good therapist.

Thanks for your comments. Some people can forget easier than others. Of course, I'd love to forget that this ever happened, and I do try to, but it hasn't happened so far. And I am not looking for any cash from others, just looking for some honest police or lawyer to help out. As I stated, I am willing to give anything that can be recuperated to whoever can help, as well as free advertising on our web site. All I want is justice. If you were robbed, and you knew who did it, wouldn't you want justice too? It's much easier to forget being robbed when you have no idea who it is. I had my car stolen too, but I don't lose sleep over that. Someone has contacted me already, so I hope they can help. Will keep everyone posted later. Thanks

moozico

May 15, 2002
dominicaninlove.com
Mr_DR said:
Moozico,

I don't agree with what this lady did to you but you are just gonna complicate more your life and lose much more by not letting it go.

Just look at it as a very positive experience, a mistake that you will learn from and help you wisen up not trusting anybody that comes up to you no matter how religious that person may look.

You are young and have a full life ahead.
Don't lose anymore sleep or your hair on this loss.
Just claim it on your taxes as a third world country donation.
Believe me, this lady will lose 10 times more than what she took from you if she hasn't already.

Thanks, your comments are appreciated. I do make contracts now in business, as should everyone, and I am not as trusting as I used to be. Being ripped off by a Church going Mormon can really change the way you think about people. I do believe in God, and sometimes I find peace in knowing that she will someday die as a thief, and she'll be facing God. She knows the truth, and I know the truth...and so does God. She may be happy now with all that she has gotten away with, but when it comes time to do, she will regret it.

One thing for sure is, I hope other guys out there learn from my mistake, and this is not just in the DR, but can also be extended to many other foreign countries. Just do not leave your things in care with someone else. If you leave for a while, just sell everything or bring it with you...especially those things that cannot be replaced, like the quilt my grandma made for me by hand. I hope this doesn't ever happen to anyone else.