Broadband PHone

Badussy

*** Sin Bin ***
Feb 18, 2005
At the moment im getting tired of buying repeated phone cards for my wives.

I live in the USA and wanted to know whether it is posible to select a number with 809 area code thus the wives can call me and i can call them all within the 809 pipeline.

If someone could give me some pointers or provide a link whereas i could read up on it thanks.

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
Don't think you can get an 809 area code, but Vonage allows you to have VoIP with a US phone number. This assumes, of course, that you transport the Vonage phone and router here and connect it to DSL or cable in the DR.

Calls made from here on that phone would be routed to a US number with no charge from Verizon/Codetel. Calls made to the number would be charged as either local or long distance (within the US), depending upon the area code selected.

Danny W

Bronze
Mar 1, 2003
My apartment in Sosua now has a Vonage phone with a 718 (New York) area code. All calls from the US or to the US are free. Unlimited min. for $25 per month. I'm saving a fortune. - D

Badussy

*** Sin Bin ***
Feb 18, 2005
Thanks for the replies so far. I wanted a DR area code while I am here in the usa so that I do not have to pay.

I dont want the wives to have unlimited minutes to call me then I would constantly hear the tengo gripe y no puedo pagar para medicina stories. That might be counterproductive.

Dec 9, 2002
I would constantly hear the tengo gripe y no puedo pagar para medicina stories
You want the "good stuff" provided by your "wives", so you should put up with the crap that comes on the other side of the coin.

Danny W

Bronze
Mar 1, 2003
Dominican Babe said:
You want the "good stuff" provided by your "wives", so you should put up with the crap that comes on the other side of the coin.
Dominican Babe - I'll bet deep down inside he's really sensitive. He's only a selfish creep on the surface! - D

Jun 5, 2004
Never heard of having a phone in DR with the 718 area code. That sounds great can someone tell me how that works and will that work the other way around like a phone in NY with the 809 area code?

Willie

Sep 30, 2004
You can have the phone in the DR with the 718 code, but unfortunately not the phone in the US with the 809 code. That is what we are all waiting for.

Willie

Willie

Sep 30, 2004
Just take your Vonage box to the DR and plug it in to any broadband network.
Then any calls you make will be from your 718 number. Same for any calls to your 718 number. Calls will fall within your Vonage plan.

The only problem is the cost of broadband in the DR.

Willie

NYDOM

Mar 22, 2005
how much for broadband

How much for braodband in dr so i can send a 718 phone down threre thanks :beard:

RHM

Doctor of Diplomacy
Sep 23, 2002
www.thecandidacy.com
The next time your wives are sick (are you Arabic by the way?) tell them that they don't need medicine...the human body is pretty resilient...the only reason we are here is because the cavemen sucked it up...that'll save you some money too...BTW...my grandmother is sick and I can't afford the prescriptions that the doctor gave her....can you send me some money?...also, my brother was thrown in jail (you know, the brother you like) and the cops have framed him but will let him out for 10,000 pesos...can you send it?....if not, he will be in jail forever....and by the way...I'm on the pill....

sorry...had to vent