Is the theory really true?

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
Is it really true that if you check in real early your bags come out last? I am begining to think this is true. The last three times I have been to STI I fly out on the 6 a.m. flight. I am done with check in by about 4:15 a.m. when I get to STI it takes my bags a good 20 to 30 minutes to come out through the belt.

Anyone else experience this?

I haven't tried checking in later because I heard that if you show up an hour before departure they won't check you in because of the international rules. It's supposed to be 2 hours before departure.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Not uncommon as they load the containers for the flights as the luggage shows up so first in might be last out. And the DR luggage guys are not known to be all that efficient. 30 minutes is pretty good in a lot of airports outside the DR for the amount of stuff that is typical on a DR flight.

Jun 5, 2004
Guess Its True

I have always heard the story that "Los ultimos seran los primeros" and the other way around. It seems to be true but with the DR luggage guys you never know by the time you get to the baggae area you have a bag out already and have to wait like 20 minutes for it. I guess its luck but you never know. I checked in once about 30 minutes before departure I told them so much lies they just flied me thru. I guess I had 5 to 10 seconds to spare and look at the duty free. Now these days with terrorists and the crazy rules they are making up you never know what to expect.

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
apdomini100max said:
I checked in once about 30 minutes before departure I told them so much lies they just flied me thru. I guess I had 5 to 10 seconds to spare and look at the duty free. Now these days with terrorists and the crazy rules they are making up you never know what to expect.

What does this have to do with luggage out first or last?

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
bags are in

If you really want your bags late fly first class. They tag your luggage priority. This generaly means that the bags are the very last ones out. Sometimes we ask them not to tag them that way just to hurry the baggage process.

Bob K :

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
Expert traveller tip: Don't check luggage. If you cannot carry it you don't need it. I haven't checked bags since 9/11 when they cancelled ITI for a while.

Travel tip: There are things called laundromats to clean clothing, and there are places called stores to supplement supplies on the road.

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
True

ricktoronto said:
Expert traveller tip: Don't check luggage. If you cannot carry it you don't need it. I haven't checked bags since 9/11 when they cancelled ITI for a while.

On my next trip I am planning on leaving a suitcase filled with clothes and other necessities. I am getting tired of having to wait so long for my suitace so this is the solution. DON'T CHECK BAGS!!!