The BEST top 3 Condos Sosua to Cabarete

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Interested in your opinions of the top 3 condo buildings-- Sosua to Cabarete. Why are they the best? Details. Price?

JOHN

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I live in El Neptuno in Sosua and would put it among the top 3. Apartments are large, 120+ sq mts, with 2 large bedrooms and 2 full baths; located in a quiet, very upscale neghborhood within easy walking distance of the supermarkets, drugstores,etc.; 24-7 electricity; full-time maintenance staff and full-time administrator; ocean view; great, positive spirit among the owners. Prices are US$100,000+.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
I would put El Neptuno on the Top of the List because it is well managed, has a great pool w/kitchen and bathrooms, 24 hour security-electric- maintenence, convienent to everything, good group of owners who want a better life, Alanindr and MaryS spends a lot of time there, continually adding features that enhance the lifestyle there, Ken throws the best late night parties on the North Coast and the bonus is that I live there:) It is a DR1 HOTSPOT on the North Coast!

Prices of available condos are 150-170 at the moment that I know of. There are constant upgrades going on in all the condos since the owners take pride in where they live.

Next on my list would be a fairly new building on the same block La Puntilla although I have heard from more than one person that bought there that there are problems that haven't been resolved by the builder such as LOW water pressure that is impossible to live with. I guess the third on my list would be Blue Bayou although they have NO generator and NO water when the electric is off.

My 2 centavos.

Escott

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Best 5.

El Neptuno, Blue Bayou, Trade Winds, The Palms, and probably the new La Puntilla, but it is too new to know for sure yet.

KenoshaChris

Jan 4, 2002
Tradewinds

AboutTradewinds, if we have a common mechanical problem, management is on it immediately. Common interior grounds are well kept and quite attractive.
If the power goes off, its back on in a minute from the planta.

Ben

Feb 2, 2004
johne said:
Interested in your opinions of the top 3 condo buildings-- Sosua to Cabarete. Why are they the best? Details. Price?

JOHN

Are you buying or renting? I own at La Puntilla and, last I heard, there are no more condos for sale.

Regards,
Ben

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
So how do you rate

Ben said:
Are you buying or renting? I own at La Puntilla and, last I heard, there are no more condos for sale.

Regards,
Ben
La Puntilla? What made you buy there? Happy? Any problems? Do it again? Any services that you find special, different than other condos?Price appeciation to date?

JOHN

Island Treats

Sep 5, 2003
SOSUALIVING.COM
I would rank El Neptuno,The Palms and Blue Bayou, all in this order as the best condos in Sosua. I have concentrated my efforts on El Neptuno because it offers the best value for the money, the location is unmatched for serenity, the management is top notched because of it's adminstrator, and the interactive participation of it's owners, (who could make up a think tank ;) ) like, Ken, Scott, AlanDR, Carma (former adminstrator), yours truly "Clifton" aka "Island Treats".and a few other unnamed professionals. Prices at El Neptuno have shot up to almost 400 percent as of late. El Neptuno is expected to appreciate even more because of it attributes.

Danny W

Bronze
Mar 1, 2003
If you have kids, you can't beat the Tropimar/Caribe Campo complex. Acres of places to play, 4 swimming pools, walk to Garden Kids school, great mix of Dominicans and gringos. I have a 1500 sq. ft. 3 bedroom 2 bathroom, well maintained, total quiet at night, colmado and bar on premises, planta - I'm completely satisfied. - D

philbrick03

Feb 10, 2004
johne said:

JOHN

What are your requirements...on the ocean? low cost? small? large? These make a big difference in learning about condos.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Not complicated

philbrick03 said:
What are your requirements...on the ocean? low cost? small? large? These make a big difference in learning about condos.
I am simply asking WHY one thinks it's the best. Not setting a price parameter. Of course if one replies I think it's the best because it overlooks the ocean, so be it. If its the best because the planta goes on immediatly, so be it, etc.

BTW nobody responded with any located in Cabarete. Any reason for this?
JOHN

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Ben

johne said:
La Puntilla? What made you buy there? Happy? Any problems? Do it again? Any services that you find special, different than other condos?Price appeciation to date?

JOHN

Ben--I think your response would be interesting to the forum because it seems you are the only member that has bought at La Puntilla.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
johne said:
BTW nobody responded with any located in Cabarete. Any reason for this?
JOHN
Maybe because Cabarete is so tiny there are less DR1 members there to respond and give opinions, than from Sosua.

Otter

Nov 20, 2005
This is an old thread, but in the event someone comes accross it again, check out BlueFish Apartments. These are in Perla Marina on the ocean. Man they look nice. Exterior paint color is awful, but the location is great. There is also another C21 propery in East Cabarete called Victoria. Those look like they are going to be nice as well. Nanny Estates is a good bet, too.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
The best managed condominium is El Neptuno. There may be newer condos, more luxurious condos, more expensive condos, but that counts for little over time if the condominium is not very well managed. Condominiums, like other buildings, take a lot of attention is this climate and if the management is not on top of it all the time, then your investment is in jeopardy.

Visit El Neptuno, a 20-year old property, and see what good condition it is in. Further improvements, such as resurfacing the patio in front and repainting the pool are in the works for the coming months.

Tor

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
There has been condos for sale here at least for 2 years. It seems they are not easy to sell at the quoted prices.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I understand that the maintenance at El Neptuno is almost $400 US a month. That is very high for this country.

suzannel

Jun 7, 2006
Many more new condos in Cabarete

This was an old thread. Since then many more condos are being built in Cabarete which are great!
Ocean Dream, and surrounding areas up to Kite Beach are all under construction and most of them are seaside condos... and east of Cabarete they seem to be building at least 6 to 7 new complexes.
Why not look in Cabarete instead of Sosua, it seems to be in a great development mode.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Before a condo complex can be classified in the top 3 or more, it has to have longevity with a good proven track record.
You could buy the nicest condo on the North coast, but if it is mismanaged, you will not be happy there, no matter how beautiful it is or was at the time of purchase.
Just as you know that a Toyota Corrola or Camry will be a good car, because of so many years of a proven excellent track record, the same applies to condos.
There has been a lot of talk about Caribe Campo and Las Canas being mismanaged and how upset the owners and rentors are.
They are a prime example of management making the difference.
As Ken mentioned, El Neptuno is very well managed by a woman by the name of Ramona.
I don't think I have ever met anyone as competent and devoted to her work as her.
TradeWinds and the Palms come to mind as well managed and I have not heard complaints about Club Residencial.
Those are all in Sosua.
I don't know the Cabarete complexes, but they would have to have a proven track record to be top condo projects.