Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default The BEST top 3 Condos Sosua to Cabarete

Interested in your opinions of the top 3 condo buildings-- Sosua to Cabarete. Why are they the best? Details. Price?

JOHN

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

I live in El Neptuno in Sosua and would put it among the top 3. Apartments are large, 120+ sq mts, with 2 large bedrooms and 2 full baths; located in a quiet, very upscale neghborhood within easy walking distance of the supermarkets, drugstores,etc.; 24-7 electricity; full-time maintenance staff and full-time administrator; ocean view; great, positive spirit among the owners. Prices are US$100,000+.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I would put El Neptuno on the Top of the List because it is well managed, has a great pool w/kitchen and bathrooms, 24 hour security-electric- maintenence, convienent to everything, good group of owners who want a better life, Alanindr and MaryS spends a lot of time there, continually adding features that enhance the lifestyle there, Ken throws the best late night parties on the North Coast and the bonus is that I live there It is a DR1 HOTSPOT on the North Coast!

Prices of available condos are 150-170 at the moment that I know of. There are constant upgrades going on in all the condos since the owners take pride in where they live.

Next on my list would be a fairly new building on the same block La Puntilla although I have heard from more than one person that bought there that there are problems that haven't been resolved by the builder such as LOW water pressure that is impossible to live with. I guess the third on my list would be Blue Bayou although they have NO generator and NO water when the electric is off.

My 2 centavos.

Escott

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Best 5.

El Neptuno, Blue Bayou, Trade Winds, The Palms, and probably the new La Puntilla, but it is too new to know for sure yet.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Tradewinds

AboutTradewinds, if we have a common mechanical problem, management is on it immediately. Common interior grounds are well kept and quite attractive.
    If the power goes off, its back on in a minute from the planta.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by johne
    Interested in your opinions of the top 3 condo buildings-- Sosua to Cabarete. Why are they the best? Details. Price?

JOHN
    Are you buying or renting? I own at La Puntilla and, last I heard, there are no more condos for sale.

Regards,
    Ben

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default So how do you rate

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    Are you buying or renting? I own at La Puntilla and, last I heard, there are no more condos for sale.

Regards,
    Ben
    La Puntilla? What made you buy there? Happy? Any problems? Do it again? Any services that you find special, different than other condos?Price appeciation to date?

JOHN

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I would rank El Neptuno,The Palms and Blue Bayou, all in this order as the best condos in Sosua. I have concentrated my efforts on El Neptuno because it offers the best value for the money, the location is unmatched for serenity, the management is top notched because of it's adminstrator, and the interactive participation of it's owners, (who could make up a think tank ) like, Ken, Scott, AlanDR, Carma (former adminstrator), yours truly "Clifton" aka "Island Treats".and a few other unnamed professionals. Prices at El Neptuno have shot up to almost 400 percent as of late. El Neptuno is expected to appreciate even more because of it attributes.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

If you have kids, you can't beat the Tropimar/Caribe Campo complex. Acres of places to play, 4 swimming pools, walk to Garden Kids school, great mix of Dominicans and gringos. I have a 1500 sq. ft. 3 bedroom 2 bathroom, well maintained, total quiet at night, colmado and bar on premises, planta - I'm completely satisfied. - D

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by johne

JOHN
    What are your requirements...on the ocean? low cost? small? large? These make a big difference in learning about condos.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast