Hotel in Sosua...

jrf

Bronze
Jan 9, 2005
I have tried to search the threads for hotel sosua-but get everything.
I am going to be in Sosua in May and am wondering about a half decent hotel with or without food included.
Any suggestions and an idea of how much per night?
Thanking you in advance.

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
Hi, Sosua has alots of hotels, everything from small, but yet nice room rentals to all-inclusive hotels.
Take a look at www.sosua.com for example.

Have a great stay, where ever you end up!

There are many members of this board living in Sosua, maybe they can send you in the right direction too,

jrf

Bronze
Jan 9, 2005
Thanks,

carina said:
Hi, Sosua has alots of hotels, everything from small, but yet nice room rentals to all-inclusive hotels.
Take a look at www.sosua.com for example.

Have a great stay, where ever you end up!

There are many members of this board living in Sosua, maybe they can send you in the right direction too,

Thanks for the help, I know that it is a question asked all of the time, just had a little trouble sorting through all of the threads.
Thanks again.

jrf

Bronze
Jan 9, 2005
How much for average?

How much should I expect to pay for a 2 to 3 star hotel?
Just need the basic, clean and with air conditioning.
The link for sosua hotels is great not all show the rates.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
jrfkhe said:
How much should I expect to pay for a 2 to 3 star hotel?
Just need the basic, clean and with air conditioning.
The link for sosua hotels is great not all show the rates.
Hotel Europa is the best value in town.
"Hotel Europa
Downtown hotel, bar, restaurant, Swiss management, nice rooms, AC, TV with cable, kitchenette, safe, swimming pool. (moderate)
http://www.hotelplazaeuropa.com/plaza-seiten/plazaeuropa-titel-engl.html "
Should cost from $33 US to $50 US/night, depending on the size of the suite and the length of stay.

jrf

Bronze
Jan 9, 2005
Thanks,

Rocky said:
Hotel Europa is the best value in town.
"Hotel Europa
Downtown hotel, bar, restaurant, Swiss management, nice rooms, AC, TV with cable, kitchenette, safe, swimming pool. (moderate)
http://www.hotelplazaeuropa.com/plaza-seiten/plazaeuropa-titel-engl.html "
Should cost from $33 US to $50 US/night, depending on the size of the suite and the length of stay.

Hey Rocky,
Thanks for the lead. I will check it out.
Have you heard of Hotel Tropix? They are saying 125us/week.
Not bad, but not good if it is a dive.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
First off, Tropix does not have AC and would not qualify as a 2 or 3 star hotel, IMHO.
That being said, the hotel has been recently sold (2 weeks ago) and the new owners may be changing the format, prices, etc.
I believe there was a thread last week about the sale of the hotel and the new owners have come online and introduced themselves, so they may see your post and be able to give you details of their plans.
If everything remains the same, it would not meet your original requirements.
If you are looking for a hotel in Sosua at a lower price than the Europa, there are many I can suggest to you. Of course, they won't be as nice, nor will they have as many amenities.

SosuaJoe

Feb 24, 2005
Sosua hotel

In response to your question about hotels in Sosua:

On the beach are:

Casa Marina www.amhsamarina.com
Sosua by the Sea Boutique Beach Resort www.sosuabythesea.com
Sosua Bay Hotel www.starzresorts.com

Most likely all will give you a competitive rate, given that may is generally a very slow month for hotels.

Sosua by the Sea will offer B&B, Breakfast and Dinner or all-inclusive. Not sure about the others.

Smaller resorts, walking distance from the beach, include Don Andres and Casa Cayena (sp?) which should both be good for a budget traveller.

Hope this helps!

Joe

PS: Whichever hotel you chose, do make it a point to go exploring through town. Lot of interesting characters in a lot of interesting places for you to discover.

paddy

Silver
Oct 4, 2003
jrfkhe said:
I have tried to search the threads for hotel sosua-but get everything.
I am going to be in Sosua in May and am wondering about a half decent hotel with or without food included.
Any suggestions and an idea of how much per night?
Thanking you in advance.
single? male? female?.....travelling alone? it would help point you in the right direction..

jrf

Bronze
Jan 9, 2005
Details...

paddy said:
single? male? female?.....travelling alone? it would help point you in the right direction..

I am single, male, travelling alone. I was in Cabarete in Dec/04, in Mar/05, and am going back again in May of this year.
Don't care about fancy, just clean, cool, and no hassles about guests.
I have some friends from P.Plata and Santiago. If out drinking, don't want them to drive back at four in the a.m.
Did the AI thing and never stayed there anyway-did to sleep but went all over and had a great time out of the resort.
Thanks for the help so far.
Should I be booking soon, or just book for a night or two and see what happens-not sure how "slow" is "slow" for the tourist traffic in May.

jrf

Bronze
Jan 9, 2005
El Colibri

El Belga said:
I personally like very much "El Colibri". 15 minutes from the beach, but a great swimming pool and very good rates. Dutch management, they speak English and Spanish as well and Monique and Steve, the owners are very nice people. Check their web site http://www.elcolibri.net/

I just emailed them last night and was pleased with the rates.
It helps alot that I have some form of reference that it is a good place.
Thanks,