Air France Hopping in the DR

aerobaticman

Nov 10, 2004
I was checking out some great rates from Air France where they fly from Paris to Punta Cana (direct) and then hop over to SDQ (all via a 747).

What I am a little afraid about is the luggage in Punta Cana, that they'll remove all the luggage there, and I'll discover in SDQ that I have no luggage... I've been several times to the DR, so I've learned anything is possible... ;-)

Am I just a worry wart or should I just plan on the luggage being lost for a while??

Dec 9, 2002
You're just a worry wart ;) No point in worrying about something till it happens IMHO. That said, a few years ago I spent 2 years backpacking around the world. I had no problems at all with my luggage all through the far east, Australasia, US & Canada. My final flight was from Toronto to London via Paris, with Air France. I got to Heathrow OK, my backpack didn't - it took a week to get my stuff back!

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
That is an interesting flight PUJ to SDQ - I did it on Air Transat years ago (the last time I wasted money on a charter) and it takes maybe 15 minutes , they only got up to 8000 feet and didn't even pressurize the plane. You had a great view.

NY1

Feb 26, 2002
WOW, from PUJ to SDQ on a 747 must be a pretty interesting flight and view for those onboard, as well as those near the ground. Then again, the flight probably makes a hoseshoe shaped flight around the Caribbean rather than over land.

Bartolomeo67

Mar 18, 2004
no need to worry

Air France used to fly Paris - St Martin - SDQ and my luggage didn't get lost in St Martin. I think they put luggage for different destinations in different luggage compartments.
Bartolomeo

Jun 5, 2004
Flying PUJ to SDQ must be a great route to view. Flying at such a low altitude it would be something beatiful especially if you fly on the shore line.

GRS

Jan 2, 2002
Air France

Air France just increased capacity with the 747-400 that started flying to the caribbean. This have created extra capacity that Air france is unable to sell all the seats of the 747's during summer season because of low demand. They have combined the 2 flights into one that stops in PUJ and then SDQ.

Don't worry about your luggage not making the flight into SDQ. The personnel is trained to leave what is transit in the airplane and just offload what is neccesary. Have a safe flight!

GRS