Cell phone calls from US to DR

Morenita84

Aug 22, 2004
I've used the search tool to look through this topic here on the site, but I was looking to get some updated information about making calls to a cell phone from the US to DR.

For the last couple of months I've been using TEL 3 and it's been great! But I returned from DR a couple of days ago just to find out that the rates had been changed. Instead of being 7.9 cents a minute, not it's been raised to 13.4 cents.

I was wondering if anyone knew of a cheaper way that I could make calls to a cell phone, or a service like TEL 3 but with a lower rate to cell phones. I'd appreciate any information!

Thanks,
R.D

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
What about Skype? Through computer phone it is completely free, and to regular phone cheap. I have not compared the rates though.. www.skype.com

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
Here are the rates

I checked, here are the rates in USD

Calls to:
Dominican Republic Regular phone $ 0.095
Dominican Republic - Mobile phone $ 0.220

NYDOM

Mar 22, 2005
Telephone Cards

i HAVE BEEN USEING UNIONCARDTEL.COM 5.5 CENTS AND 11CENTS CELL PHONE NEVER A PROBLEM :nervous:

DR Rubia

Mar 12, 2005
Try this......

Morenita84 said:
I've used the search tool to look through this topic here on the site, but I was looking to get some updated information about making calls to a cell phone from the US to DR.

For the last couple of months I've been using TEL 3 and it's been great! But I returned from DR a couple of days ago just to find out that the rates had been changed. Instead of being 7.9 cents a minute, not it's been raised to 13.4 cents.

I was wondering if anyone knew of a cheaper way that I could make calls to a cell phone, or a service like TEL 3 but with a lower rate to cell phones. I'd appreciate any information!

Thanks,
R.D

I buy from the website - www.nobelcom.com
There are several different type of cards you can buy there. Check it out.

kukon

Nov 24, 2006
Best Prepaid Phone Cards in 2006

Skype and other Internet phone services occasionally suffer from poor voice quality. For consistently high-quality calls, keep your land line and buy a prepaid phone card. Our favorite is from NobelCom. Its long-distance rates are about a penny a minute, and to place a call you just dial a toll-free number and the number you're calling. No special codes are needed. Enjoy your calls with Nobel phone cards.

chiquittabanana

Feb 11, 2004
Another way

Morenita,

If the people you are calling in the DR have a land line you can be talking to them UNLIMITED for 24.99 a month.

The catch is... they have to call you, you can't call them.

Try Documento sin t?tulo

CB