DR1 Toronto Get Together!!

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
Hello everyone,

I think it's about time for another Toronto get together!
I was thinking we should all meet up at the:

Friendly Dominican Restaruant
Phone #: 416-656-6501
Date: Either Sat May 7 or Sat May 28 we can work around the two dates to see who is able to attend.
Location: 879 St. Clair West, just a few blocks East of Oakwood.
Time: 8pm

You can check out there website at:
http://www.dominican-restaurant.com/

They have yummy food and great music all the Merengue and Bachata :laugh:
I figured since were here in Canada we can escape and pretend to be back in the DR ;) I'd like to meet some new faces as well!
If anyone has any suggestions let me know.

I will make reservations, hope to see many of you there! :)

List of who's coming:
Music (me) lol

la_barbie

Bronze
May 6, 2004
I'm all up for it as I'm not the only 20 something year old there... who else in the youngin's is goin ?!?!

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
May 28th works for me too!

Will give me a chance to get settled at home before I make a Toronto run to visit relatives!

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
I will be in Nicaragua until the 29th, so again my identity stays unrevealed for another year. :cheeky: And it is only 15 minutes from my house, too. :cry:

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
ricktoronto said:
I will be in Nicaragua until the 29th, so again my identity stays unrevealed for another year. :cheeky: And it is only 15 minutes from my house, too. :cry:

Would you consider coming if we moved it till the following week? Never mind I don't want to meet you anyhoo. :lick:

debs

Jun 10, 2002
Count me in! May 28th is fine, but if we move it to the following week I won't be able to attend.

La Barbie - I'm 20-something as well.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I was kidding about moving it. May 28th it is

I'm 20 something too. I just can't remember how many somethings ;)

Nov 5, 2004
I'll deffinatly be there...assuming I will be in Canada... :) (Beginnging of June is when I will be going back again probably)

I was hoping to go try that restuarnt out anyways...my Dominican Hair dresser gave me the phone # to it, and I was hoping to go try it out sometime. This is an even better reason!!:D

Can't wait to see everyone again.

Can we ask them to turn the heat up really high so it feels like we are in the DR too?? :D

That was the weird thing with the Las Brisas get together..it was rediclously cold outside...and then the Dominican music and the Brugal inside...seemed so odd to me.

But yes..anyways...add me to the list Anna..can't wait to see you again..bring pictures from your last trip! I can't believe we were on the same resort at the same time and missed each other!!! :eek:

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
And the list grows........

Okay so it has been decided May 28 is the date majority wins hee hee!

The list is growing, so far:
Music
Anna
Fiesta Mama
La Barbie- age means nothing I'll be 25 forever ;)
Momma C
debs
Peaches n cream- a few mamajuana shots will keep you warm :laugh:

That's too bad ricktoronto you live that close to the restaurant, I'm always in that neighbourhood I've probably walked passed you many times lol!

Where is everyone else?? hmm come on??? :classic:

Nov 5, 2004
Music said:
Okay so it has been decided May 28 is the date majority wins hee hee!

The list is growing, so far:
Music
Anna
Fiesta Mama
La Barbie- age means nothing I'll be 25 forever ;)
Momma C
debs
Peaches n cream- a few mamajuana shots will keep you warm :laugh:

That's too bad ricktoronto you live that close to the restaurant, I'm always in that neighbourhood I've probably walked passed you many times lol!

Where is everyone else?? hmm come on??? :classic:

mmmm.....mamajuana....gooooood :D

Morenita84

Aug 22, 2004
Detroit to Toronto

I live close to the border, I've been thinking about checking out Toronto's Latin night scene for a while, since what we have here in Detroit is on the blahhhh side. So, It'd be fun to come and meet all of you guys.

I'm also a youngin La barbie so no worries :) I look forward to meeting everyone :)

R.D

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
Nice Morenita84 one more to the list! fun fun!!

Morenita84 said:
I live close to the border, I've been thinking about checking out Toronto's Latin night scene for a while, since what we have here in Detroit is on the blahhhh side. So, It'd be fun to come and meet all of you guys.

I'm also a youngin La barbie so no worries :) I look forward to meeting everyone :)

R.D

maxheadroom01

Mar 12, 2005
www.geocities.com
Music said:
Hello everyone,
I think it's about time for another Toronto get together!
I was thinking we should all meet up at the:
Friendly Dominican Restaruant
<snip>
I will make reservations, hope to see many of you there! :)
List of who's coming:
Music (me) lol

We're only in Brampton so I'll check with the Boss as to our attendance.
Sounds like fun to me eh ;)

Nov 5, 2004
Hey...
Does anyone know by any chance if they serve Presidente???

I have looked soooo many places here in Ontario and they only place I can find it is when I bring it back myself.

I miss that stuff...

debs

Jun 10, 2002
PeachezNcream84 said:
Hey...
Does anyone know by any chance if they serve Presidente???

I have looked soooo many places here in Ontario and they only place I can find it is when I bring it back myself.

I miss that stuff...

No, they don't serve Presidente at the Friendly Dominican. They might have Brugal now that it is sold in Ontario.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Anna Coniglio said:
I was kidding about moving it. May 28th it is

I'm 20 something too. I just can't remember how many somethings ;)

Well then I am definitely in Managua, home of hot weather , beautiful women, a stable currency and low prices. And no Politur or anything close to Politur.