Clubs you frecuent?

Beatnut

Jun 4, 2004
Let's see how this pans out.

I pretty much go wherever I feel like wettin' my palate in, but if I have to pick one single spot, it's club Nowhere, hands down.

Blanc reopened so once finals week's done (this saturday, in Unibe atleast) I'll hit that up.

l_th

Jun 4, 2004
www.809k.com
Calle Hostos...Between El Conde and La Mercedes.

Nowhere is almost in front of El Meson de Bari. You'll notice it...noisy front door and lots of ppl. Plus they have posters promoting their next party and such.

Abacus is on the corner previous to La Mercedes. It doesnt have any signs but you'll notice the doormen and they'll have a few flyers on the door on ocasions.

<offtopic>
BTW. For those who like minimal tech my friends promoting a party for friday 22
</offtopic>

La Gata

Jul 16, 2003
www.myspace.com
so i'm guessing....

that the clubs in Santo Domingo are great! I have never been :-( cabarete and sosua are pretty nice clubs on the weekends and samana santa ... wow!!!!!

gata

Bartolomeo67

Mar 18, 2004
Nowhere

Beatnut said:
but if I have to pick one single spot, it's club Nowhere, hands down.
Observation from a tourist:
Last Summer, since I was staying at the Mercure hotel across from Nowhere, I decided to check the place out. The setting is beautiful, a 2-storey old colonial mansion. The music was good, even for a hardcore merengue/bachata fan like me. The place was packed with youngsters/students in their early 20's. The all-white crowd was chatting the night away with their friends. Hardly anyone was dancing, except in the front room upstairs where there was a sort of semi-private birthday party going on.
Maybe I was there on the wrong night but it seemed to me more a place 'to be seen' rather than a place for clubbing.
Bartolomeo

DominiGringa

Apr 21, 2005
Clubs in the DR

Question.... I will be going to DR for the first time ever soon and I need to know where these clubs you speak of are....Could someone help me out? I can't wait....!! ;)

Jon S.

Bronze
Jan 25, 2003
I kinda agree, Bartolomeo, but....

The nights that I went by Nowhere, the people were dancing. The place also happened to be full of lesbian chicks trying to get down with each other.......my friend ended up turning one of them into a 'bi-curious' chick. She likes it both ways now hehehe......

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
Some trendy clubs listed below

1.the tao room- abrahan linconl av. plaza andalucia, 2nd level
2.monte cristo- abrahan linconl av.
3.nirvana- abrahan linconl av.
4.praia- gustavo mejia ricart # 78, naco
5.loft- tirandente av. #44, naco
6.diletto - lopez de vegas av.
7.kiev lounge- abrahan linconl av.
8.republic-k- winston churchill, plaza las america ll, #14a
9.taboo bamboo- roberto pastoriza av #313, naco
10.retro cafe- abrahan linconl av. plaza andalucia ll, 2nd level
11.trio cafe- abrahan linconl
12.stratus cafe winston churchill, plaza fernandez ll, 2nd level

l_th

Jun 4, 2004
www.809k.com
Lets update the list a bit. I've added some comments on some places..maybe I should be less lazy and add more places ;)

Conchman said:
Some trendy clubs listed below
1.the tao room- abrahan linconl av. plaza andalucia, 2nd level
Its current name is Blanc. It was shutdown after a alcohol poising incident but its open again. Music: Pop/Merengue/Dance Main clients are 17-25 year olds

2.monte cristo- abrahan linconl av.
3.nirvana- abrahan linconl av.

4.praia- gustavo mejia ricart # 78, naco
Currently closed looks like their remodeling

5.loft- tirandente av. #44, naco
Current main trendy jevito place. Age is mostly 24+ Music: Electronic/Merengue. Door can be a hassle..just think of it as a Miami club. Style always first and buy a bottle if you want a table

6.diletto - lopez de vegas av.
This place closed down and has since renamed. Its current name is Cittrus

7.kiev lounge- abrahan linconl av.
This place closed down and has since renamed. Its current name is Bash

8.republic-k- winston churchill, plaza las america ll, #14a

9.taboo bamboo- roberto pastoriza av #313, naco
Last time I went, it was a nice lounge to just chill and have some drinks with a nice house/jazz music playing in background. Mostly an older 25+ crowd

10.retro cafe- abrahan linconl av. plaza andalucia ll, 2nd level

11.trio cafe- abrahan linconl
Trio was remodeled last year. Honestly have no clue on its current incarnation

12.stratus cafe winston churchill, plaza fernandez ll, 2nd level
Uhhh, ehhh, still there..no idea if people even go there

theCeo

Apr 18, 2005
Clubs in Santo Domingo

l_th said:
Lets update the list a bit. I've added some comments on some places..maybe I should be less lazy and add more places ;)

Wow, thanks for the tips. Can you comment on the following?

I'm from the US-

1. Where could I take my US girlfriend?
2. Where could I take my DR girlfriend?
3. Where could I go to with some buddies going to meet other girls?

I've been to DR several times, but I never felt comfortable taking a girl that I met there to a club. Should this be a consern?

Feb 9, 2005
Clubs and pubs what are that playing

DominiGringa Question.... I will be going to DR for the first time ever soon and I need to know where these clubs you speak of are....Could someone help me out? I can't wait....!!

What about the north side off the island ? what clubs are there and where?
Puerto Plata and Playa Dorada area ?
What type off clubs and what are that playing ie is it a dance club are 60s musics . is there any good pubs there withdjs , live bands .
:eek:

westcoastfantas

Dec 30, 2004
Over 30 Spots in Santo Domingo

Good info on the club situation there. What are some popular over 30 clubs in Santo Domingo? Checked out Bonche.com but can't determine the age structure of the clubs on the site (mostly seem young, like 20 something).

l_th

Jun 4, 2004
www.809k.com
Over 30...ummm
If by over 30 you want a place which doesnt have teenagers or such.

Casa de Teatro
Steakhouse (Classic place for drinks and good music. One of the oldest places in Santo Domingo...never been outta style)
Tabu Bambu
JetSet (This is merengue only place...known for its merengue concerts.)
MonteCristo (Crowds gotten younger tho)
BottomsBar (Not sure of the name..its at the hotel Plaza Naco. I've heard they have a few nights a week with a older crowd)
Aura (Yeah in Juan Dolio..Restaurant becomes a lounge at night)
Murano (Its 15 minutes are probly gone but it does atract an older crowd)

FYI..these are just places of the top of my head. And you'll probly find people of all ages. Some places can have night when its packed with teens and then have a night for only 25+

There are many other places I'm not even metioning. If something is nice about Santo Domingo its that it has a place to go for everyone.

l_th

Jun 4, 2004
www.809k.com
theCeo said:
Wow, thanks for the tips. Can you comment on the following?

I'm from the US-

1. Where could I take my US girlfriend?
uhh..what type of music or club scene does she like?
Don't know....go to Caribean Sun and have some drinks by the beach and watch the sunset. Or maybe drinks by the Malecon at the fuerte de san gil.

2. Where could I take my DR girlfriend?
Same here...depends on the girl. You can go from a girl who only goes to Loft and Priai to all they way to a girl who loves dancing merengue all night at JetSet or Montecristo.

3. Where could I go to with some buddies going to meet other girls?
ummm any bar in the colonial zone since they be packed with girls on the weekend plus since everything is close by you can barhop till you find the place u like: Nowhere, Abacus, Atarazana9, bobo

I've been to DR several times, but I never felt comfortable taking a girl that I met there to a club. Should this be a consern?

(I've ignored checking my spelling and grammer)