Glad to be home (not)

canadian bob

Bronze
Jan 16, 2002
The temperature shock wave of going from a balmy 80*F to -3*C is still wracking my body after coming home to Canada! Lake Nipissing is still frozen & there is still snow on the North Bay ski hill... I wish we were back in the DR, but a family medical problem made us return early, however we will be able to keep track of things in the DR through our daily visit to DR1 and the Message boards. Thanks Robert! Canadian Bob.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Canadian Bob.....I DON"T BELIEVE IT!!!!

You live in North Bay?????????
God man....you obviously haven't read the archive threads!!
I live (when I'm not in the DR) in North Bay as does Corolla24!!
Sheesh we could have a DR1 reunion right there during the summer!!
I check in with the Torbay cottage and city hall webcams every couple of days while here as well as reading the Nugget online (headlines and obits!).
For heavens sakes PM me and we'll swap info!!

canadian bob

Bronze
Jan 16, 2002
MommC said:
You live in North Bay?????????
God man....you obviously haven't read the archive threads!!
I live (when I'm not in the DR) in North Bay as does Corolla24!!
Sheesh we could have a DR1 reunion right there during the summer!!
I check in with the Torbay cottage and city hall webcams every couple of days while here as well as reading the Nugget online (headlines and obits!).
For heavens sakes PM me and we'll swap info!!

Good to hear from you! I can't seem to figure out how to PM you... clue me in please...Canadian Bob. (El Stupido).

marliejaneca

Bronze
Oct 7, 2003
Go to private messages on the upper right hand part of the screen, click on it and you will see a new screen with options on the left hand side, click on send new message and then type in the persons name and away you go!
I tried sending you a pm to explain this, but it said that you have chosen to not receive private mesages, so you may have to go and configure your options.
Hope that helps!
P.S. Up here in Nestor Falls, south of Kenora,On - we have green grass and no snow, sorry to hear about your situation!!! Although, we have had snow since October so it is a welcome change!
Marlie

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
marliejaneca said:
Go to private messages on the upper right hand part of the screen, click on it and you will see a new screen with options on the left hand side, click on send new message and then type in the persons name and away you go!
I tried sending you a pm to explain this, but it said that you have chosen to not receive private mesages, so you may have to go and configure your options.
Hope that helps!
P.S. Up here in Nestor Falls, south of Kenora,On - we have green grass and no snow, sorry to hear about your situation!!! Although, we have had snow since October so it is a welcome change!
Marlie
It might be easier to click the username on the upper left-hand part of the post and select "Send a private message to ..." (It avoids typos wehn entreing the ursernmae).

canadian bob

Bronze
Jan 16, 2002
marliejaneca said:
Hope that helps!
Marlie

Thanks Marlie! I did finally get the "PM" thing sorted out!

canadian bob

Bronze
Jan 16, 2002
rellosk said:
It might be easier to click the username on the upper left-hand part of the post and select "Send a private message to ..." (It avoids typos wehn entreing the ursernmae).

Thanks rellosk! I had to go through my CP & do some editing... Easy when you know how!!! Thanks, Canadian Bob.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
How's the weather today CanadianBob???

It's hot,hot, hot here in Juan Dolio!
Should I be posting the Juan Dolio weather report while Dunhill is away?
Saw him outside his office the other day and he said they were leaving on a little business trip to the north coast and he expected it to start raining as soon as they hit BC! He said that's usually what happens when they have installations to do up north!

canadian bob

Bronze
Jan 16, 2002
MommC said:
Saw him outside his office the other day and he said they were leaving on a little business trip to the north coast and he expected it to start raining as soon as they hit BC! He said that's usually what happens when they have installations to do up north!

The lake is still froozz & -3*C again tonight! Gradually getting acclimatized again.... Canadian Bob.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
MommC said:

Please do post the weather report while Dunhill is away... I'll see him tomorrow and we'll catch up on the news... North Coast vs South Coast news that is...

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Well Bob, not to put salt on that cut

but it's "El Est?pido" ....:D:D

Santiago is nice and warm, but the evenings are heavenly. A wonderful breeze from the ESE...great to just walk around and breath.

As for the PM and stuff, do go up to the top left, where it says User CP and adjust your own profile, and that way, I can send you these gibes in private, hehehe:D:D:D

Actually, I'm sorry that you have to suffer the pangs of DR withdrawal...it can be severe when the change is so drastic....

And when will you be coming back this way? Have you ever had "kipes" and Presidentes??

HB :D:D

theoldmillwright

the oldmillwright
Mar 6, 2004
canada
Not an attempt to highjack your thread,but,mommc has a point,we could have a northern dr event,it is only a short drive to the bay from the nickle capital,also there are a few people from the timmins area and points between who would probably come......only219 days of dr withdrawls left....

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Maybe we could do it in August during the Heritage Festival!

That way we'd be celebrating Dominican heritage in our city (I think I even know a couple of Dominicans who may be able to attend from North Bay, Peterborough and Toronto!).
Some of the Southern Ontario people might even be enticed to join us....
Just think....daytime at the festival grounds with the various entertainments and carnival then barbeque at my place with swimming, merengue,bachata and Brugal!!! (or maybe Barcelo)