Small printing company

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
Can someone recommend a small printing company here in Santo Domingo. I need good quality but small quantity. They should be able to print on cardboard. Thanks ;)

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
I don?t have any suggestion to you where to go, but as you say you need small quantities, the best is for you to go to a computer printer, that has a good printer. If you go to an impresora, it will be really expensive for you as you will still need to pay for the negatives, the putting together on negatives ( different colors have different negatives ). This is a fixed cost that you cannot avoid no matter if you print 10 or 1000..

A digital printing ( possible on any paper ) has no negatives and therefor the cost is the same of 1 copy or 10.. What you do to be sure of the quality is you ask them to print 1 copy for you first.
I dont know what you are printing, but 1 8 by 11 cardboard printing in full color should not cost you more than around 20 pesos each. If it is half that size, then you can get 2 copies per page. That would include cutting as well.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Printing on cardboard

carina said:
I don?t have any suggestion to you where to go, but as you say you need small quantities, the best is for you to go to a computer printer, that has a good printer. If you go to an impresora, it will be really expensive for you as you will still need to pay for the negatives, the putting together on negatives ( different colors have different negatives ). This is a fixed cost that you cannot avoid no matter if you print 10 or 1000..

A digital printing ( possible on any paper ) has no negatives and therefor the cost is the same of 1 copy or 10.. What you do to be sure of the quality is you ask them to print 1 copy for you first.
I dont know what you are printing, but 1 8 by 11 cardboard printing in full color should not cost you more than around 20 pesos each. If it is half that size, then you can get 2 copies per page. That would include cutting as well.

I'm not quite sure you can digital print directly on cardboard.BUT, if it's a really small quantity, for a sample perhaps, I would recommend you digital print on paper then mount it to the cardboard. This might be your most cost effective way to get the job done.
BTW-I sold my printing biz in NYC 16 months ago so forgive me if I occasionally have mental blocks :>

JOHNE

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
What I mean by small amount is in the range of 500 to 2000 copies but I don't thing that a copy place could print on cardboard, well I never seen it!

But thank you anyway! I thought maybe some members might have done some printing in SD before. I rather have someone recommended than to deal with the unknown! :nervous:

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
johne said:
I'm not quite sure you can digital print directly on cardboard.BUT, if it's a really small quantity, for a sample perhaps, I would recommend you digital print on paper then mount it to the cardboard. This might be your most cost effective way to get the job done.
BTW-I sold my printing biz in NYC 16 months ago so forgive me if I occasionally have mental blocks :>

JOHNE

Yes you can print, it is not a problem with a good printer.
I am a graphical designer and have done so many times here in POP.

LocoZee

Jan 10, 2005
Santo Domingo Printing - Very Reliable.

have done a great job in the past.

FAMIRA S.A./Arte Y Cine
Luis Miura
809-689-3314
809-682-0342
San Martin #55, Santo Domingo
Luis Miura Baralt Building

Give them a call...

karina

Nov 5, 2003
printer

I got brochures and documents printed in Zona COlonial last decemeber, very good price and quality, print shop is on calle las mercedes at the corner of sanchez (beside the bakery). They don't always have their sign up, so it can be easy to miss... the guy's name is enrique