famiy search

ndominica2005

Apr 15, 2005
hello, i'm trying to find members of my family in dr i was adopted when i was 7yrs old. my name is Norma Maria Almanzar-Ramos if anybody either knows any info. or has this last name please e-mail!!!!!!!

Last edited:

clara

Jan 6, 2005
Perhaps a typo and the last name is actually Almanzar, which is a very popular last name here?

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Try this!

ndominica2005 said:
hello, i'm trying to find members of my family in dr i was adopted when i was 7yrs old. my name is Norma Maria Almanzar-Ramos if anybody either knows any info. or has this last name please e-mail!!!!!!!
Try SuperPagesDR.com. There you will find all your answers.

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
Does your parents by adoption or maybe you, now from what area/city/village you come from? And when, what year was this. I understand you were 7, but it does not tell so much.. Give more information, and hopefully someone can help you.
Try to provide, the year of the adoption, if you know where you were born etc etc.

ndominica2005

Apr 15, 2005
family search

I don't know the name of the town but, I remember being close to a military base and when i mean close i used to walk there to bring my father lunch there. I left DR in December of 1981. Oh, I do remember that one time there was an explosion in a factory or warehouse due to the fact a security guard apparently fell asleep and his cig. fell and where he was it was extremely flammable i think thats how it went down not too sure though.

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
I know it can be hard to remember, and especially since time have passed. I know from some people I have helped in adoption cases and also in ancestry/genealogy, the smallest details can be important, and it is sometimes easier to remember when someone is asking the questions.

Basically you know it was 1981, and you were 7 years of age. You lived close to a military base and your name Norma Maria Almanzar-Ramos.

Let?s move forward, as you understand the more info, the more possible is that someone can help you.

- Do you remember if you lived in a city or in the countryside, village?
- Type of house you lived in, surroundings anything comes to mind?
- Do you remember the name of your parents or siblings or other family?
- Any persons from that time, I understand you were very young, that comes to mind?

ndominica2005

Apr 15, 2005
family search

It was a small town and I remember being about 1 hour away from Santo Domingo. Oh I just looked at my old passport and it says that it was Dec.10,1982 that i left DR. I remember going to school. I had a big family but, as far their names no I don't remember. My mom used to call me Ada but that's it. I remember that the practiced that religion I can't think of the name right now but, my parents were really into that well actualy my mother. I also remember living near the ocean.

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
I understand it must be a hard "burden" to carry, not knowing your roots.. It is natural and must raise alots of questions within you.
It is difficult though to trace, as you don?t have the name of your parents by birth or the name of the city you came from orginally..
Do you know anything at all - or have someone in life you may ask - about the circumstances around the adoption? There must have been a paperwork surrounded the adoption as you were taken out of the country and became a US citizen.. Is that correct?
Do you know who has these papers, it would be your parents by adoption?
If this is the case, don?t feel it should be wrong to ask, even though you have parents that have raised you, you still have the right to know your origin and your roots. It does not mean you would love anyone less or more.
There has to be papers that gives information of any instance, that would tell your city of birth and name of your biological parents.