Its Snowin!!!!!!

Manxman

Aug 14, 2003
Hello, from a very snowy Isle of Man! As I am sitting typing this it is snowing very heavily outside. I wish I was in your 38 degree heat at the moment. It is a freak storm at the moment, a big cold snap and it should be normally be 16 degrees min. Will be in Sosua on July 1st, and boy, am I ready for it!!!!!!! It is Manx National Day on 5th July (our national holiday), so will be in party mode when I am there. Escot, are you organising another bash on the 4th July in Rocky's?

Manxman

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
Manxman said:
Hello, from a very snowy Isle of Man! As I am sitting typing this it is snowing very heavily outside. I wish I was in your 38 degree heat at the moment. It is a freak storm at the moment, a big cold snap and it should be normally be 16 degrees min. Will be in Sosua on July 1st, and boy, am I ready for it!!!!!!! It is Manx National Day on 5th July (our national holiday), so will be in party mode when I am there. Escot, are you organising another bash on the 4th July in Rocky's?

Manxman

Oh Manxman, we are never satisfied in life. I could do with a roll in the snow with my dogs at my home in UK right now. Yesterday it was soooooooooo hot here and today its raining and chilly.

Mind you last year I went home to UK for 2 weeks and within 2 days was searching for a flight back here. Now I know where "home" is.

Manxman

Aug 14, 2003
Home

Hi Ladybird
I think you have forgotten how cold and wet snow is, you must be dominicanised now! I have been to DR three times now always stayed in Sosua . AI first time, now we stay in a condo as we love to go to all the pubs and meet the expats and find out what is happening there. We class Sosua as our second HOME but can only visit it twice a year. This year when we come over we intend to bring 2 to 4 thousand us$ for the Kids of Sosua (not in cash) We are doing a 12 mile walk and a 120 ft abseil down a shear cliff face and get sponsored by as many people ;) as we can. We will be there for the first 2 weeks in July and hope to party. ;)

marliejaneca

Bronze
Oct 7, 2003
You are to be congratulated!

This year when we come over we intend to bring 2 to 4 thousand us$ for the Kids of Sosua (not in cash) We are doing a 12 mile walk and a 120 ft abseil down a shear cliff face and get sponsored by as many people as we can. We will be there for the first 2 weeks in July and hope to party.

That is fantastic!

Now tell me = where are you from??? Isle of Man ?

Where is this?

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
4th of July Party

I am going to have my 2nd annual 4th of July party at Rockys. Never thought that the first one was going to be as popular as it was.

This one is going to be dedicated to Manx and the Isle of Man for your generosity to the children.

The date is going to be on July 3rd at 2pm for a fine Linner. Yes that is correct, similar to a brunch but a Lunch and a Dinner. It will be a special meal with a special price and Marco will be posting it this week coming.

Your meal is on the house as a token from Rockys in appreciation of your event for the Children. Good deeds do NOT go unnoticed here in Sosua and Rockys! Keep us up on the event and the outcome!

Escott

dawnwil

Bronze
Aug 27, 2003
an idea

Manxman said:
this year when we come over we intend to bring 2 to 4 thousand us$ for the Kids of Sosua (not in cash) We are doing a 12 mile walk and a 120 ft abseil down a shear cliff face and get sponsored by as many people ;) as we can. We will be there for the first 2 weeks in July and hope to party. ;)

Manxman, two nights ago a friend here mentioned that she'd like to organize a triathalon of sorts for charity, one whereby different phases were optional.

I will speak to her about your efforts... maybe something else could be coordinated, with a 'finish' at Rocky's.

I would love to do a 12 mile walk, btw, any time.

The friend lives here permanently, as do I. You interested in upping the ante on this?

btw, I keep bank accounts in Isle of Mann, for a snowy day.

dawnwil

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
Great idea, perhaps we can tie this in with the Linner to raise money for the kids. We have kicked this around for years using these dinners for a good kids cause. Robert was supposed to drum something up but I guess it fell through the cracks.

We can get DR1 and Ruby92 to sponsor it and promote it. I hearbye appoint you and the "other person" to be a committee of 2 to organize this. I am great at delegating responsibility. Maybe we can get some hotels/restaurants/Banks/businesses to be sponsors, make posters to hang in all the businesses etc..

Escott

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
Maybe a run from Lax to Rockys would be a good start and build in the triathalon in the future. Maybe we can charge an entry fee and have prizes for all agegroups. Lets call it the "Fireworks Run for the Children".

Any volunteers for the committee chaired by Dawn and her friend?

Escott

dawnwil

Bronze
Aug 27, 2003
the master delegator

...strikes again.

er, thanks, I think.

I will talk to her and see what we can do. I'm thinking I'd like to sign up sponsors in the US and Canada as well for my own efforts.

But, ahem, about a run from LAX to Rocky's. Are you crazy? I would walk the distance gladly... am concerned about safety on that Wonderama road though.

Good name idea, btw. Fireworks Fun Run is my suggestion. heheheh.

Nov 5, 2004
Escott said:
I am going to have my 2nd annual 4th of July party at Rockys. Never thought that the first one was going to be as popular as it was.

This one is going to be dedicated to Manx and the Isle of Man for your generosity to the children.

The date is going to be on July 3rd at 2pm for a fine Linner. Yes that is correct, similar to a brunch but a Lunch and a Dinner. It will be a special meal with a special price and Marco will be posting it this week coming.

Your meal is on the house as a token from Rockys in appreciation of your event for the Children. Good deeds do NOT go unnoticed here in Sosua and Rockys! Keep us up on the event and the outcome!

Escott

Who is all welcome to attend??

I wouldn't mind dropping by if I'm invited with my husband for a bit. There is a 98% chance I will be there then....

About the run...I am not very big into running...or walking for that matter...I like cars and scooters personally... :) I might talk my husband into it...if he can run around playing volleyball and basketball for hours on end..I'm sure he could run for a good cause. (Hmmm...wonder if I should have asked him before I volunteered him...oops...too late) ;)

But I would be more then happy to donate what I can if there is a place to do so.

dawnwil

Bronze
Aug 27, 2003
pub crawl

Not to worry, Joe. It's likely we can kill two birds with one stone here:

some at least will be crawling by the time they reach the pub.

Does that work for you?

CyaBye3015

Bronze
Jan 8, 2003
dawnwil said:
Not to worry, Joe. It's likely we can kill two birds with one stone here:

some at least will be crawling by the time they reach the pub.

Does that work for you?

Yes Dawn, that works for me, I'm working on getting back to the DR, but if I'm not there I'll crawl to the local pub!

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
Escott said:
Maybe a run from Lax to Rockys would be a good start and build in the triathalon in the future. Maybe we can charge an entry fee and have prizes for all agegroups. Lets call it the "Fireworks Run for the Children".

Any volunteers for the committee chaired by Dawn and her friend?

Escott

Scott Id be pleased to help. Ive organised half marathons for a childrens charity in the UK.

Manxman

Aug 14, 2003
Thank you for your kind comments. The reason we decided to do this fundraiser was that we wanted to put something back into the community that looks after us so well when we visit. We have seen the posters with the children on and met some of the local shoe-shine boys, we then made up our minds to raise some money to help them get a decent education.

We are doing the 12 mile walk on the 18th June. The landlord of our local pub has been very supportive of this and is arranging for bands to be on that night and also have an auction and raffle to finish the day off. We have drove along the route we are taking and know exactly how long it will take to reach each pub en-route!!!!! After all................its thirsty work!

I will keep you updated as things progress.

James