Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default sending money from MD to DR

all,
    need a recommendation for a good place to send money from MD to the DR. in the past we used xoom.com but now they arent processing transactions from MD; and western union charges double and gives worse exchange rate!!
    thanks!

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry but not everyone might know where MD is including me.

Moderator🎄 Spanish Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Anna,

MD= Maryland

Quote Originally Posted by Anna Coniglio
    Sorry but not everyone might know where MD is including me.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lesley D
    Anna,

MD= Maryland
    sorry and thanks, trying to send the money from the state of Maryland..

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Check your PM (Private Messages)

Sent you a PM SalsaBlondie.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Now this is interesting

The Salsablondie has to send money to the DR?? To her "mari-novio"????

Poor guy lost his job? His Mom is sick? His kid by his second "wife" just got cancer?

Pay you poor thing, pay....

SHEESH!

Of course he does not have a bank account or any other more formal way of transferring funds...

Poor thing doesn't know about checks?? You write a check and send it to him by Priority International Mail?? OIC, you don't really know where he lives? He has no phone?

Pay yo dearie, Pay up for your foolishness!!

GRRRRR

HB

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Dear Hillbilly, your name says it all.
    my husband sends money to his daughter occasionally to maintain her like a good dad. nope.. we havent set up a bank account for the baby's mom or his family, and i didnt want to wait for a check to clear. i heard of problems doing that. we dont send money too often, so i had no great need to checking the "best way". his family is self sufficient and thank goodness he is a responsible dad. my family loves him. we are about to celebrate our second anniversary soon. since you mentioend cancer, my dad does have cancer, and he helps him almost daily.
    by the way, he has a great job and we are happy. he also cooks and cleans and helps around the house, something i bet you dont do.
    instead of getting upset over your smallmindedness, i try to remember that you probably cant help the way you were born.
    to everyone else who reads these wonderful positive forums, i did not disappear because something BAD happened ... i disappeared because of the negative vibes on these boards. who needs it? yep... i do remember saying if something bad happened, i'd report back. but no such thing has happened.
    im sure you'll now say he is cheating on me on the side or will soon, since people like you apparently have no desire to hear of other peoples' happiness other than your own, and to tell the world that you are always right. well, sometimes you're wrong..

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly
    The Salsablondie has to send money to the DR?? To her "mari-novio"????

Poor guy lost his job? His Mom is sick? His kid by his second "wife" just got cancer?

Pay you poor thing, pay....

SHEESH!

Of course he does not have a bank account or any other more formal way of transferring funds...

Poor thing doesn't know about checks?? You write a check and send it to him by Priority International Mail?? OIC, you don't really know where he lives? He has no phone?

Pay yo dearie, Pay up for your foolishness!!

GRRRRR

HB

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Good for you SalsaBlondie but please don't take everything you read hear so seriously.

Some people just like to joke around and tease a bit.

Of course there are some with extremely deviant senses of humour, holier than thou elitist attitudes, and some are really quite f*cked up nosey opinionated idiots, but even they don't usually have any really bad intentions or wishes.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Oh well.

In that case, here is something positive.

Send the family a personal check on your account there in Maryland. Have her family go to BAnco Santa Cruz in Santo Domingo, San fRancisco de Macorís or Santiago and take their personal ID cards ( "cédulas") with them. Go to the exchange people at the bank and make themselves known. Take electric and water receipts to prove where they live and their phone bills too.

With all of that they establish themselves as "People" and the bank will change their checks, with no hassle or delays as long as you don't bounce one of them.

Since I have lost a lot of family to the big C, it's just a fact of life. Hope your Dad doesn't suffer.

Really hope this helps, and glad you are one of the minority!!

HB

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know how often or how quickly you need to send money, but I have a great system. I bank at Citibank in NY, so I opened another Citibank account and sent an ATM card from that account to my novia. Then I deposit money into that account, which she can withdraw at any ATM in the DR. It's cheap and immediate. I can transfer money to that account with my computer from home in 2 mins. - D

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast