One price building materials

boca chica dave

Sep 25, 2004
Does anyone know of some fair priced building supply stores in SD that do not charge a different price for gringos? Looking for block, windows electric and plumbing.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I think you can probably

get what you are looking for at Aguayo. They make blocks and supply other building supplies.

Do a search for Jojocho on this board and ask him...he can give it to you straight up.

HB :D

buseouno

Feb 22, 2005
boca chica dave said:
Does anyone know of some fair priced building supply stores in SD that do not charge a different price for gringos? Looking for block, windows electric and plumbing.

Have you tried Ferreteria Americana on John F Kennedy, I'm not sure how competetive they may be for your needs, but everything in the store is priced, plus you can apply for a discount card, " Preferencia " and recieve it on the spot. But be sure to apply before buying anything.
There are also many places that make blocks, I don't have addresses in Sto Dom, but I'm sure someone here does.
Good luck,
Ken

boca chica dave

Sep 25, 2004
Thanks Fellas

My father-in-law knows he needs to go and buy the stuff without me; but too much gets lost in the translation and----! Its better to show him or pay a bit more to have it right. So I'll use your suggestions. Wish we knew about the discount card when we got all the camping gear at Americana in march. That's a good heads up!! Do alot of places offer this-- supermarkets etc.? My inlaws are poor and from the country and not quite sure they are aware of our bogus competitive world. HB, I always enjoy your posts. Nothing like the good advices of a seasoned teacher. Wish we were building near Santiago rather than SD. At least the family still has their property and "shacks" outside Cevicos. Thanks again.