Dominican Alps Community

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I have a friend with a place there

It is one of the nicer settings in the area. The Raquet Club is another. There are some nice places tucked away in the forest and it can be very peaceful.

Good choice, IMO.

HB

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Believe it or NOT the Dominican Alps is a gated community with Swiss type Chalets thoughout. The other one, the Racket Club has NO security but also nice homes so I understand.

I sold a lot in the states and it will close mid May. I think I am going to buy a 2 bedroom home in the Dominican Alpes with the money I get from the closing if it is still available.

Driving in this community I felt like I was on the back roads in Vermont near Haystack Mt. It was pretty neat!

Next question, what about rental potential there?

Anyone?

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
Did this place use to be a hotel about 4-5 years ago?

Robert, you're probably talking about Hotel Monta?a, about five kilometers up the road toward Jarabacoa. Hotel Monta?a did double-duty as Trujillo's mountain retreat and hotel. For many years it was practically abandoned... Recently, Spanish interests have been negotiating with the government for a long-term lease with the intention of creating there a eco-tourist hub for the area. Hotel Monta?a is right in front of the entrance to the Racquet Club, which by the way, has a big sign in front offering over 100 lots for sale. Nice place if you ask me.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I knew I was close :) Thanks!

I stayed in the hotel a few times back in 97-98.
They had lots of small chalets dotted about that they would rent out.

As I remember the hotel had great views and the breakfast out the back near the swimming pool was pretty good. Big wooden stair cases and a huge fire place in the center.

Go buy it Scott, we need a place in the mountains to party ;)

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Rental potential

Absolutely.

While management might be a bit difficult given the distance between Sosua and Alpes, I am sure that you can pull it off.

Especially when there are golf tournaments at the Jarabacoa Golf Club and, of course during Easter Week. Summer is a good time when they have the pool all fixed up and lots of real folks go there for a week's vacation.

(Cost of this advice?? A couple of weekends!! :p:p:p)

HB

I knew it

Escott being from NY loves those mountains in upstate New York or Vermont and wants to be get in to that mountain and chalet atmosphere. I have not personally seen or heard of this place and will have to check it out next time in the area.

I wonder is it near the mountainside area known as El choco late, if so it is likely worth a fortune...... :nervous: :glasses:

Naw can't be there is no Hotel or golf course up that way!

Where did the STD thing come in the post by agsacg?

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Hillbilly said:
Absolutely.

While management might be a bit difficult given the distance between Sosua and Alpes, I am sure that you can pull it off.

Especially when there are golf tournaments at the Jarabacoa Golf Club and, of course during Easter Week. Summer is a good time when they have the pool all fixed up and lots of real folks go there for a week's vacation.

(Cost of this advice?? A couple of weekends!! :p:p:p)

HB
Hb, it would have been my pleasure. Unfortunately the home was sold today and I haven't even been able to procure the rules of the community yet.

The pool looked fine to me. The restaurant also looked fine along with the tennis court.

Oh well on to the next project... Maybe another day I will find something there I like as well as this one.

Escott

gringagirly

Mar 7, 2005
Dominican Alps rentals

Escott said:
Hb, it would have been my pleasure. Unfortunately the home was sold today and I haven't even been able to procure the rules of the community yet.

The pool looked fine to me. The restaurant also looked fine along with the tennis court.

Oh well on to the next project... Maybe another day I will find something there I like as well as this one.

Escott

I agree with you that is a great project..do you happen to have a contact number for sales and rentals??...I want to rent something there in December..any help would be greatly appreciated