Girl's stuff

purefolie

Apr 1, 2005
Hi everyone,

I am coming tomorrow in Sosua and as I am doing my luggages, I am wondering if I should bring my own hair coloration with me. As the stuff is chemical, I don't know if it is allowed at the airport.
Either, I would like to know how much you pay in DR for a haircut and a coloration? Also do they sell coloration stuff like L'Or?al in drugstores?
I know this is girl's stuff but it is important to me!! ;)

MEL

A.J.

Jan 2, 2002
Depends on the color you want, it may be harder to get certain colors in Sosua, but if you make a trip to Santiago you can find many colors- hen you can stock up.

Also you could try to bring one or two packs with you, due to the heat you do not want to risk it from going bad.

Many of the stylists us L'oreal - it is a big brand in the salons.

La Gata

Jul 16, 2003
www.myspace.com
If you go into Cabarete or in Los Charimicos ..

They both have a salon I would reccommend ... It would be easier if you spoke spanish or took someone with you that did!! I got my hair cut, died, and three different color highlights for 3000 pesos about 6 months ago!! And the guy did a lovely job! I can not tell u the names but in Cabarete its across the street from the NET CALL CENTER and in Charimico its right past Diamond Nails on the Left!!

Good Luck!!

CIIIIiiiidddd

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Boy if anything not lacking in the DR is a place (or 30) in every town to get your hair done, colored, extended, braided, cut, molded, permed, chopped, sliced and diced. I know girls who would look different nearly every day. And PDC (*)

(*) Pretty dang cheap.

Fiesta Mama

Bronze
Jan 28, 2004
You got ripped off!!!

La Gata said:
They both have a salon I would reccommend ... It would be easier if you spoke spanish or took someone with you that did!! I got my hair cut, died, and three different color highlights for 3000 pesos about 6 months ago!!

I got my hair cut, coloured and highlighted by my friend Tony (he works at a salon in Charimicos) for 600 pesos and it was likely the same salon (accross from D'Aldos Restaurant on the street that goes straight up from Playa Sosua).

Edited to add: in Canadian dollars, today 3000 pesos is about $150 dollars and that is definitely no deal in the DR!

La Gata

Jul 16, 2003
www.myspace.com
Ok, well I did not think I said anything about it being a deal and it was 100 USD back when I had it done and that is cheaper than I would have paid in a good salon in the states and it is an american owner they use biolage shampoo and conditioner and very good die! Plus got a bottle of shampoo and conditioner with the cut and color! And no it is not the same salon ... but I heard Tony was good!

Gata

purefolie

Apr 1, 2005
Thanks to all of you for your replies.
I am now in Sosua and I see that there is actually a lot of salons, peluquerias or whatever, they are everywhere!
Thanks again
MEL