holidayin in july in allegro playa dorada

singer

Jun 1, 2004
hi all, i am from scotland and myself, my wife and kid is comin to D R in july stayin at the above, i was just wondering if anybody could enlighten me on some things to do and see , and give a general idea on prices of meals, and of course the excellent el presidente beer and whisky [SCOTCH OF COURSE } lol,. we stayed in sosua last year and loved it so much we thought we would come again to your wonderful country,it was the most relaxing holiday we ever had {and that includes me doin the seven waterfalls somewhere cant remember was slightly tipsy .
so if anyone can help i would be much obliged.

thank you singer{rob}

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
HI Rob, first do a search of the posts here and you will find most of what you are looking for. Once you are done come on back with some questions that you couldnt find answers to. We are happy to help you!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Do you golf?

Do you like cigars?

For the family there are tons of things to do:
Cable car to Mt Isabela
Ocean World
Damajagua Falls --sober and being careful!!
So-called Jungle Tours on Four Wheelers -take sun screen (30+ at least) and OFF with DEET
Come down to Santiago and see a real Dominican city. Visit the Centro Le?n and have a few Presidentes and play some golf??

HB :D:D

singer

Jun 1, 2004
holidayin in dom rep

hi guys and girls thanks for the replies
we r now stayin in the grand flamenco we decided so hope 2 c some of u over there . we arrive on 20th july .
i wonder if puerto plata is safe in your opinion to go out with wife and kid thanks again all
singer

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Safety

Yes it is safe if you use your head. First, don't be stupid and flash money and jewelry. Don't go out late at night on dark streets when you don't know the city.

If you are thinking of getting out of the resort during the day and getting to know the city of Puerto Plata, checking out the restaurants and shopping - absolutely. Just use your head. If you want to sample the nighlife, it is relatively safe. Better to go with someone who lives here.

I live in Puerto Plata and would love to meet you and your family. the hotel you are going to is quite nice. Nice beach, good pool, good food, you will have fun!

singer

Jun 1, 2004
holidayin soon

thank you for the reply, we would like to know more about the beautiful country u live in so we will go out and be safe {remember scotland is a hard place ,,lol lol } so we r used to it . it is such a wonderful and most relaxing place that we comin back 2 years in a row ,a thing we have never done for a holiday. i met such beautiful people the last time in sosua {blanco ,he had a little shop just up from freddies bar and the couple who own the bar next to his shop were wonderful too i would love to meet them again.
thanks again so much for your information,as ever time is what you all have to give so easily and i appreciatte it