If you rent a car be carful!

Liberto

Dec 10, 2004
I was park on the side of a restaurant in Santiago call Marchanas. I'm not sure of the spelling but it is very close to PUMM University. I left a my backpack in the back of the jeep and my cell phone in the center console of between the seats. I went into the restaurant and ordered my food which took about 10 min to prepare and returned to my jeep. The lock was smashed in and both my cell phone and bag were gone. This happened at 12:30PM on Wednesday and no one saw anything.

Dont leave anything in your car here!

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Hey! Not just rental cars - You could own a car. Or ride in someone else's car or a parked taxi and have your stuff stolen too.

Maybe the title for the post is "Don't, as in every other major city on earth, leave valuables in a car visible to thieves who will then take an opportunity to steal said articles and bust a window to boot"

Not sure that would fit, though.

Also don't stand under a tree in a lightning storm, with rental clubs. Or your own for that matter. Or no clubs even.

aerobaticman

Nov 10, 2004
Not every city is like this...

I totally agree Liberto and ricktoronto about not leaving anything in your car at all.

But some cities like where I live, man I've lost (dropped?) my wallet 2x and within a day or so someone called and returned it to me with everything in it! Of course I gave the customary 20% tip for finding it!

Granted I live in Medium/large town in Switzerland where all we do is yodel, eat chocolate, have gnomes protecting all our money, and roll big pieces of cheese down the mountains...

Liberto said:
I was park on the side of a restaurant in Santiago call Marchanas. I'm not sure of the spelling but it is very close to PUMM University. I left a my backpack in the back of the jeep and my cell phone in the center console of between the seats. I went into the restaurant and ordered my food which took about 10 min to prepare and returned to my jeep. The lock was smashed in and both my cell phone and bag were gone. This happened at 12:30PM on Wednesday and no one saw anything.

Dont leave anything in your car here!

Same advise here in NYC, You cant leave valubles in clear sight for people walking by. Even a person who's normally not a thief will take an easy opportunity if presented with it. This is not just in DR but any big city in the world.
Badpiece

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
aerobaticman said:
Granted I live in Medium/large town in Switzerland where all we do is yodel, eat chocolate, have gnomes protecting all our money, and roll big pieces of cheese down the mountains...

Plus all the adult men have automatic weapons in a closet at home. My point humorous as it was trying to be is this is not really much of a DR topic and anyone with 1/2 a brain knows better than to leave cell phones and backpacks in parked cars - why the topic was rental cars is beyond me.