Air Ambulance service

Syork

Sep 5, 2004
Has anyone had any experience with an air ambulance service from Santo Domingo to the USA. A brother of a friend of ours is here in the hospital (Hospiten Santo Domingo) with a stroke. His wife is here but he is not doing well and the family is starting to explore the idea of air lifting him out, if possible or financially feasible. Any info would be greatly appreciated!!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
You have my sympathies

I had the opportunity to use the Air Ambulance service out of Herrera there in Santo Domingo. It cost in the neighborhood of $10,000. And it saved the guys life.

Your folks might want to consult Dr. Jos? Joaqu?n Puello, a very noted Neurosurgeon on this case...his advice would be interesting.

There is just one caveat, and that is to make sure that your air ambulance service, whichever one you should choose, is licensed to arrive in MIA with critical care patients.

Wishing your people the best,

HB

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Hillbilly said:
There is just one caveat, and that is to make sure that your air ambulance service, whichever one you should choose, is licensed to arrive in MIA with critical care patients.

Syork, the one I gave you the link to is. Both people I know left in critical condition. As Hillbilly said, the price is around US$10,000. The plane is equipped and staffed like an emergency or critical care room. One person (family member or friend) can accompany the sick person at no additional charge.