If Developers...

Guatiao

El Leon de los Cacicazgos
Mar 27, 2004
After reading all about Atlantica, CapCana, NovoMundoXXI and the SDMetro, all the developers are repeating the same thing over and over " I want to put DR on the map".
I wonder if developers really want to put DR on "the map" why don't they just build a 7 star hotel as Dubai's Burj Al Arab, it would be the only 7 star hotel in the caribbean and would definitely recieve alot of press.

What do you believe DR needs inorder to recieve world recognition? (Other than lights)

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Casa de Campo is the only project that comes close to putting the DR on the map and in the minds of the people that can afford to experience luxury projects. Casa de Campo has been about for 30+ years.

What will it take in this day and age to compete on a global scale?
Other than the project to be built and actually completed. Ongoing "massive" amounts of money for marketing, infrastructure and support services.

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
amen brother

Robert said:
What will it take in this day and age to compete on a global scale?
Other than the project to be built and actually completed. Ongoing "massive" amounts of money for marketing, infrastructure and support services.
Without a stable economic infrastructure, you'll be building a house of cards.
The DR needs to stabalize their government and economy.
The DR needs to learn from other countries who were in their situation and is now prospering. (ie. India and its call centers)
The DR needs to create jobs for its residents (like building roads like the US did in the 1940's)
The DR needs to export something that is competitive in the world market.

Don Juan

Living Brain Donor
Dec 5, 2003
You can't have one without the other!

Ricardo900 said:
Without a stable economic infrastructure, you'll be building a house of cards.
The DR needs to stabalize their government and economy.
The DR needs to learn from other countries who were in their situation and is now prospering. (ie. India and its call centers)
The DR needs to create jobs for its residents (like building roads like the US did in the 1940's)
The DR needs to export something that is competitive in the world market.

Mr. Ricardo, not to veer away from the subject, but, the DR can NOT accomplish ANY of the above without first educating our citizens, and won't be able to do so without a lot of money.

Education is the key to absolutely EVERYTHING that ails us.... When I talk about education I'm not just referring to children's formal schooling; I'm also talking about facilitating every adult who wants it, the opportunity to learn further how to improve his/her skills.
The prolification and difusion of knowledge is absolutely vital to our prosperity. As the saying goes: "A mind is a terrible thing to waste." We are doomed to live in misery unless we can break the cycle of ignorant people ignoring their children's right to a better life!

In my thread in this forum (An obvious answer...etc.), I proposed where the $$$ can realistically come from but, except for one poster, every dr1'er ignored it completely!... My understanding was that this forum exist for the purpose of (among other things) posing questions and seeking answers.

Sorry if I got off track!...