Ideas for my trip!!

sam5935

Oct 11, 2004
Hey there!
Headed to DR for the first time in July. I am a 31 year-old American male. I will be flying in santiago and staying the country about 2 weeks. I definitely want to go to Santo Domingo. Other than that, I want to find some place inland for a few days that is the "real" Dr. I also want to find someplace to party and enjoy nightlife with the locals. I am figuring I will fly into Santiago, spend a couple of days there. I'll then head to Santo Domingo stopping somewhere along the way in a town or village to do some hiking and see some real DR culture/life. Then onto Santo Domingo followed by Boca Chica to sample culture/nightlife before spending a day or two making my way back to Santiago to fly out.

How does this sound? Anyone have any ideas as to good places to go between the two cities? Is there someplace other than Boca Chica that would be feasible to get to with these time constraints that would be a better place to dance and chase girls?

I was also trying to decide If I should go during the Meregue festival. I generally avoid festivals and such because it can get really hectic, drive prices up and not neccessarily give you a real indication of what a place is normally like. What is the festival like?

I know this is rather vague. I'm about to get my guidebook and will narrow things down a bit. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

S-

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Check out http://dr1.com/travel/index.shtml

The descriptions of the different DR destinations in that section can help you prepare your trip.

Otherwise, for hiking, head to Jarabacoa or Constanza. Staying at any of the hotels in the area you can book hiking and other mountain excursions. You will need at least two days.

sam5935

Oct 11, 2004
Unfortunately I speak very little spanish. I can kind of order food, ask for directions,etc. I should have said that at the beginning as it obviously makes a difference.